Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sony ICD-PX240 voice recorder button not working

darkgue

Oct 15, 2020
Hello,

I am newbie in this forum.
I have situation that the button record and enter of my voice recorder don't works anymore.
It happens suddenly. Other buttons just fine. I also able to transfer the files to my computer to backup.
I opened the case, at first I thought it is like tv remote control mechanism, but it is not. I stuck now, I have no idea how to fix it.
This voice recorder is 6 years old, I quite satisfied with its recording quality. I feel sorry if I throw it away without give a try to fix it first.

Kindly please share your idea or any help about it really appreciated
https://ibb.co/hDrMqQ9
https://ibb.co/GscX07p
Thank you

Last edited:

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir darkgue . . . . . . . . . . .(whatever? that is or may be )

With the display and battery giving you a heads up state . . . . . . looooooooooks like to me, a possibility, that with time and HEEEEEEEEEAVEEEEEEEY use, that you have just BEAT the be-JESUS out of the bottom row of YELLOW vinyl / colloidal graphite film coated pushbutton serpentine switch toppers.
Why? . . . . .how they are made? . . . . . AND . . . . .HOWTODOITTOIT . . . . .coming up.

upload_2020-10-15_11-13-15.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Yes, I saw the bottom row too.
But the OP is talking about the middle two not working. The Enter and Record buttons.

Martin

darkgue

Oct 15, 2020
Hello 73's de Edd and Martin, thanks for your response.
Yes I am talking about 'enter' and 'record' button in the middle. It still can be pushed and give same physical feedback feelings like the other healthy buttons, but do not give any response as it should be.
The other buttons at top and bottom row are working fine.
By any chance do these buttons replaceable? What is it name?

Thank you

Chaithra

Oct 30, 2020
Hey
My product is Sony IC recorder ic-px240 and I have the same problem.
The play/enter button and the rev/pause button appear to be not working but the other buttons are working fine.
Why are they not working? And how to fix this? It has not been used all that much.
It’s been around 4 years since I’ve bought this product and it hasn’t been used for a while.