Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sony XE-700 graphic equalizer/spectrum analyser

GaryHenryGraphics

Jan 31, 2015
I sure hope someone can give me some help!

I own a "vintage" SONY XE-700 graphic equalizer which I absolutely LOVE. Unfortunately after having it installed recently in my car, the display has some lights which stay on constantly.

My online search for a replacement display (Sony part# SON180857511)have come up empty, because but they are now discontinued.

Can anyone repair this unit, or does any repair facility have a spare display laying around gathering dust???
Or maybe how to "fix" this problem?

3745d1161378596-sony-xe-744-10-band-eq-f-s-eq-3-.jpg

Any help appreciated!

GaryHenryGraphics
Charlotte, NC

Last edited by a moderator:

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi Gary and welcome to Electronics Point :)

I can't find a service manual for this product for free download. There are dozens of hits for CDP-XE-700 which is a home audio CD player, but not for the XE-700. There is one available at http://www.abebooks.com/Sony-Stereo-Graphic-Equalizer-XE-700-Service/10103412726/bd for USD 20. If you buy it, scan it, and upload it to a file sharing site, we may be able to help.

The problem could be caused by a failed display but it might also be a failed driver IC, which might be easier to replace. If you can take some photos of the circuitry around the display and upload them attached to a post, we may be able to tell something from them.

GaryHenryGraphics

Jan 31, 2015
Kris,

That's AWESOME! I am in the process of purchasing the manual from the AbeBooks seller. (Asking if they accept PayPal)

The only problem I see? When it comes to ELECTRONICS, I'm "dumb as a rock"! LOL That's the whole reason behind searching out smart people on this forum.

I truly appreciate your willingness to help. It goes to show that there are still terrific people out there!

I will be in touch, my friend.

Gary Henry
Charlotte, NC
USA

Sony grx8

Mar 9, 2020
I have sony grx8 mini hifi component system.when i play song graphic equalizer works with the song but its not working now can anyone help me out what is the problem