Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sorry if I appear lazy....

boyd

Oct 7, 2016
Rewiring a 2.2kw motor to place a switch inside my workshop for an additional 2.2kw dust extractor. I have the two main wires which come out of the motor and two smaller white wires. One of the white wires is connected to terminal 14 in the picture attached and the other small white wire has its own small connection A1. Switch is I remember KJD18

I understand for this particular on/off switch A1 is current protection and goes to the hold down solenoid inside the switch (pretty sure).

Question to save me pulling the cover off the motor - does this wire going to A1 come from the other side of the start capacitor?

I have wired the motor with a different switch which only has the basic 2 inputs 2 outputs KJD12. It is a different extractor from my original and is taking longer to wind up. There are so many diagrams on the internet but I cant seem to find one where the kdj18 and a single phase motor are connected.

My first extractor has two caps and this one has one. Dont know too much about motors except the very basics of start and run caps.

I have options on how to sort this but am keen to hear from anyone with more experience than I.

Regards Boyd

Attachments

• 164172959_interruttore-kedu-kjd17-bipolare-aux---switch-kjd-17-.jpg
    164172959_interruttore-kedu-kjd17-bipolare-aux---switch-kjd-17-.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 307

boyd

Oct 7, 2016
Actually I got un-lazy and have found to use a KJD12 I need to bridge the white wire on A1 to the motor side of the phase in. And I expect it will also be in series with the start cap which is why its taking so long to start.

Given I have brought this up in discussion. I have plans to eventually install a solid state relay to start these 2.2kw motors. If I do this then I will lose my over/under current protection that the KJD magnetic switches have internally. So I guess I need to put in protection on the high voltage side of my relays in order to make safe. Hmmm.

Gee. Now I seem to be writing to myself lol lol Sorry I should delete this thread.