Maker Pro
Maker Pro

sound-energy converter

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
when i was growing up here in aus dicksmith was the electronics store with all the parts. they had a kit for kids that you could make about 200 kits out of. 1 of the kits i have been trying to track down a schematic for. it converted sound (through the speaker of course) to energy (well it made an analogue meter twinge a little). it was like a decibel meter but it used no batteries. if anyone can give me something similiar that would be awesome. as stated no power for this circuit.

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Hard to believe you're serious, Phil.
If you try rectifying the signal from the speaker directly I don't think you'll have enough voltage, though you could try it. Use germanium or schottky diodes if you have any. Or, if you feed the output of the speaker through a step-up transformer you won't waste so much of the available voltage in the diodes. and you might be able to make a decent meter twinge, a little, with the current output.

Last edited:

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
don't get me wrong the needle moved very little and i remember yelling at it. its just something that i would like to test. i wanna see what principles it was based o too. i guess i'll continue my search. the worst part is dick smith no longer have that exact kit available. i might find one in a secondhand store or something one day and post it up to show you guys. if i got .0001 amps or volts from it i would be shocked, just something i could use to experiment with, maybe up the voltage lol.. i could maybe yell and get a whole volt if i wire it properly

after minimal searching i found what i think is the kit(looks very familiar) and the cost is $100 au so i might buy it to post the circuit to see if anyone would like to "refine" it with me

Last edited: