Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Speaker wiring came loose. Need help with connections

vestaviascott

Jul 28, 2013
I have a "Shaker Series" DJ speaker that has 6 inputs on the back. One of the 1/4 inch stereo jacks has lost its nut (lol) and in the process two of the wires have come loose. I found one of the wire jumpers laying in the cabinet. I can solder the wires back in place but I'm unsure where they should go. Any help much appreciated.

Pics attached.

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 8.37.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 8.38.16 AM.png

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
The short black wire comming from top right jack is neg input and should go to 1/4" jack beneath it with the other black wire. I presume the wire with white trace on far right of picture goes to positive tip or tallest point of same 1/4" jack with just solder on it.

vestaviascott

Jul 28, 2013
The short black wire comming from top right jack is neg input and should go to 1/4" jack beneath it with the other black wire. I presume the wire with white trace on far right of picture goes to positive tip or tallest point of same 1/4" jack with just solder on it.
The white wire to the right, where does the other end connect? I got the end that connects to the positive of the 1/4, does the other end go connect to the white wire of the speakON above the same 1/4 jack (just as it appears to do on the left 1/4 jack)?

Last edited:

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
It looks or at least seems like a white jumper wire is missing. These are all parallel wired so the top right speakon white wire ‘should’ connect to the tip of the 1/4” jack (highest) point with solder on it along with the white wire to the right of the picture. Otherwise this jack wont be inter-connected like the others. The black connects with the black on the 1/4” jack.
It may be my eyesight or bad soldering but it looks like a wire has come off the bottom left banana plug positive. In the centre of the existing wires, there is a noticeable solder blob with a hole. Commonly indicative of a broken wire joint. I could be wrong though. Out of curiosity, where do the wires go on the left of picture and where do they go to the right of the picture?.

Martin

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
It looks or at least seems like a white jumper wire is missing. These are all parallel wired so the top right speakon white wire ‘should’ connect to the tip of the 1/4” jack (highest) point with solder on it along with the white wire to the right of the picture. Otherwise this jack wont be inter-connected like the others. The black connects with the black on the 1/4” jack.
It may be my eyesight or bad soldering but it looks like a wire has come off the bottom left banana plug positive. In the centre of the existing wires, there is a noticeable solder blob with a hole. Commonly indicative of a broken wire joint. I could be wrong though. Out of curiosity, where do the wires go on the left of picture and where do they go to the right of the picture?.

Martin

I just answered my own question!.
The white wire on the right is the jumper wire. It connects to the 1/4” jack and the speakon white above it...

Martin

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
The white wire to the right, where does the other end connect? I got the end that connects to the positive of the 1/4, does the other end go connect to the white wire of the speakON above the same 1/4 jack (just as it appears to do on the left 1/4 jack)?
Yes. Or probably easier to hook to the same highest point on left 1/4"jack (positive).

By the way, If you look at the 1/4" jack on left, both the tall prong and bottom left wire are both the same pos connection. In other words, either point could be used.