Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Starting from scratch

aquag905

Nov 20, 2023
Hello, I am new to this site and new to electronics. I am currently working on developing a laser line for a bandsaw. I'm looking for some help on a power supply board. The details are, there is a standard two gang 110v ac receptacle built into the saw. I would like to use this to power my laser. However, due to a safety feature the outlet is only live when the saw is running. Power runs through a starter, power switch and e-stop before the power outlet. Obviously I would need the laser line to be powered on while the blade is not in motion. So my idea was to create a pcb that houses a lithium ion battery that can power the laser module while still retaining a plug in transformer to keep the battery charged while the laser is on. But I need to power to be a constant flow, it seems some of the off the shelf pcb's cut power output when the device is plugged in.

I don't know a thing about pcb's or where to start. So hoping someone can provide some advice/direction.

110V AC input (don't mind running a usb wall plug style transformer)
3-6v DC output (less than 100mA)
inline lithium ion rechargeable battery 1000mah minimum (open to input on this)
With built in on/off switch

I appreciate any one's time. thank you!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Don't mess with AC voltages. Use a simple battery laser line generator and fit a 'one shot' delay to it such that pressing the run button (trigger) operates the laser for whatever-seconds you need.

The battery in the laser will likely last as long as their shelf-life given the infrequent use.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I would like to use this to power my laser
make,model,link, of your laser. I need specifications.
The details are, there is a standard two gang 110v ac receptacle built into the saw.
Again...make model of your bandsaw.
I would like to help but you must gather all your information and formulate a question.
Are you open to suggestions?
This is what I have on my bandsaw.
I have kicked this darn thing across the shop floor definitely ruggedized. My band Saw has the same safety feature as well, all I had to do is start off by pre-charging the battery pack into a regular household 110 AC outlet. then just plug it in to your outlet with associated safety feature. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.
The Accu-Path system includes
Red line laser
Offset aluminum mounting bracket with two magnets
Battery case with ON/OFF switch or AC Power Supply with Switch Plug.

You like movies?
EatingPopcorn.gif

Last edited: