Maker Pro
Maker Pro

steering wheel control [merged]

jhayar25

Mar 28, 2012
im installing audio but the problem how can locate the wire for steering control to adjust volume,scan,next etc...my wire in my audio are...white wire KEY-A/D1,green wire KEY-A/D2,red wire (+)5v out,block wire GRND,brown wire (+) 10v out....pls help how can i connect this wire in a toyota fortuner...any method on how to find the wire to connect.....plsssssssssssssssssss

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Your lack of actual details, leaves one shooting in the dark...

From a quick Google it appears KEY-A/D1 and KEY-A/D2 are a Sony Key input port?

But, beyond that I have no idea of the protocol if any those two inputs use, the schematic I found sorta implied they where simply high/low logic input for button, but didn't go into what they controlled or if the button itself had additional logic beyond on/off...

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
You need the radio manufactuer's wiring diagram, if it's a new radio, it'll be in the manual.
Then you need the Toyota wiring diagram for your vehicle.
You should be able to get them on-line.

jhayar25

Mar 28, 2012
audioinstallation

good morning i have audio dvd player and i install it to toyota fortuner the problem is i can't install the following 3 wires 5volts,steering wheel control 1 and steering wheel control 2..pls help its already 2months but i can't install it can any help me........how to find the wire....for 3wires....

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
what model is it ?
have you looked online for an installation manual ?
what about a car audio system installer in your city ?

Dave