Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Stepper Drive Optimization

sihaam

Nov 28, 2012
Hello all
I need help with a very simple circuit. I send pulse signals from a PLC to the stepper drivers STEP and DIR. I need a circuit to intercept these pulses and then send to the driver. tTe circuit must send the exact pulses once to the driver and after 500msec send the exact pulses but in the opposite, For
Example if I send +1000 steps, the buffer must send this +1000 steps immediately to the driver and after 500msecs, resend the 1000 pulses but as -1000 steps.
Since I am using GCode, someone suggested to write this in GCode. But it is impossible to write this code in gcode when a wave pattern around an arc is required.
Any help with a circuit here?

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
How come writing in Gcode to a PLC, unless this is part of a CNC machine?
What PLC?
Writing in Gcode, it would have to be a CNC controlled axis.
Something doesn't make sense?

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I would use an up/down binary counter to count up the pulses sent to the driver, then after the 500 ms delay, reverse the motor controller direction and the direction of the up/down counter and send pulses until the counter under-flowed or reached zero. A relatively simple hardware solution rather than a software solution. Of course this would also be a "piece of cake" using a programmable microcontroller to do the counting.