Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Stepper motor driver blown switching power transistor

femi

Jun 15, 2016
I am working on a stepper motor driver board.One of the fuse on the board keeps getting blown.I found out that one of the switching transistors 2sc2625 is shorted.I changed it and it still gets shorted with the fuse also blown.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Welcome to electronicspoint.

1. show us your circuit diagram.
  2. show us the timing you use to drive the transistors.

Assuming you are using an H-bridge configuration, it is essential that the two transistors in one "leg" of the circuit never become active at the same time. You need to have some dead time between deactivating one transistor and activating the other. Having both transistors active even for a short time will create a momentary short circuit.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I am working on a stepper motor driver board.One of the fuse on the board keeps getting blown.I found out that one of the switching transistors 2sc2625 is shorted.I changed it and it still gets shorted with the fuse also blown.
Is this a commercial product you are "working on" or your own design and construction? That fuse is blowing for a reason. Upload more information or quit wasting our time. And welcome to Electronics Point!