Maker Pro
Maker Pro

still suffering with a bridge rectifier overheating

AdhiWay

Mar 15, 2022
Please read the posts.

I was referring to the numbered connections ON THE BOARD. I don't know if those numbers even correspond to where you are measuring???? so how can I determine right/wrong from that?

Show a picture of the BOARD, top side and bottom side and measure the voltage ON THE BOARD.

You should have 24V AC at #1/#2 and at the bridge rectifier (the pins marked ~).
You should have (about) 33-35V DC at the +/- of the bridge recitifier.
You will have 'something' (DC) at #4/#5/#6/#7.

What do you get?

yes brother you are correct, you are capable to read the board just by looking to picture, i wish to reach your level,

yes i measured now at bridge rectifier pins, is shown 32 vdc in +/- and 23 vac in ~/~, but now i must to follow the path from the bridge rectifier pins to the 4 wires to know which are 32 vdc and which are 23 vac, isnt?

so this grey rectangle component is a rectifier?! i didnt know that there is bridge rectifiers look like that, i saw the symbols +/-, ~/~ but frankly i didnt know that it is a bridge rectifier, i knew about those cubes bridge rectifier but not this rectangle,
i searched just now information about it and it seems can handle 80V 5A, strong,
https://www.budgetronics.eu/en/bridge-rectifiers/bridge-rectifier-b40c5000-3300-80v-5a/a-926-68

also this capacitor has 4 pins, maybe some of it are just for fixing it in the board, i dont know,

i really learned some things from you and all the members that gives help, so thank you all.

this pic of top side and bottom side

circuita-jpg.54891

buttom.jpg

the capacitor pins pics

capacitor.jpg
Screenshot.png

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
From what I can see:

pin #4 (brown wire) is regulated DC from the LM317 device
pin #5 (black wire) is approximately 30V DC (low current, unregulated)
pin #6 (blue wire) is common (i.e. 0V where you should place the negative lead of your meter)
pin #7 (violet wire) is +32V DC unregulated

Use your meter to measure the voltage between pin #6 and pin #4 and let us know what you find.

This board is providing various voltages via the inter-unit connector for 'whatever purposes, I don't know'. Whether they are for the coils/clutches you are trying to get working or not I have no idea...... do they go to the clutch/coil????

The rest of the unit (complex electronics) is far and away too involved to be just a simple sewing machine. The use of a processor and the devices it drives (the components on the long heatsink) indcate that it has many controlled outputs for other systems, units, whatever which leads me to believe the machine you have is only PART of a complete system meant for embroidery.

That's pretty irrelevant at this point. If the wires we've been discussing don't actually go to the coil/clutch then you've been leading us down a garden path..........

AdhiWay

Mar 15, 2022
From what I can see:

pin #4 (brown wire) is regulated DC from the LM317 device
pin #5 (black wire) is approximately 30V DC (low current, unregulated)
pin #6 (blue wire) is common (i.e. 0V where you should place the negative lead of your meter)
pin #7 (violet wire) is +32V DC unregulated

Use your meter to measure the voltage between pin #6 and pin #4 and let us know what you find.

This board is providing various voltages via the inter-unit connector for 'whatever purposes, I don't know'. Whether they are for the coils/clutches you are trying to get working or not I have no idea...... do they go to the clutch/coil????

The rest of the unit (complex electronics) is far and away too involved to be just a simple sewing machine. The use of a processor and the devices it drives (the components on the long heatsink) indcate that it has many controlled outputs for other systems, units, whatever which leads me to believe the machine you have is only PART of a complete system meant for embroidery.

That's pretty irrelevant at this point. If the wires we've been discussing don't actually go to the coil/clutch then you've been leading us down a garden path..........

i messed-up, i have been testing the 4,5,6,7 pins with the clutch so i connected the clutch wires to some of these pins and something burned in the circuit, i think maybe the regulator LM317, because now when i connect the power the LM317 become very hot,
I have given up this motor and the circuit since our last discussion, because it start gaving me headache also i am very busy with otherthings, the work, and other circuits that i am stuck to understand, and that is gaving me headache,
this is why i didnt reply to you,
i will return to it in another occasion in the future,
i am sorry i didn't reply to you and thank you for your help i really appreciate it.

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
How many functions does the motor have? forward backward, slow fast medium. ???

danadak

Feb 19, 2021
I see what looks like poor or cracked solder joints -

upload_2022-6-15_6-36-55.png

Regards, Dana.