Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Stop stealing things out of my truck!!!

tzem68

May 7, 2012
I am new here.

I want to build a wireless circuit that will send a signal into my house / bedroom to alert me when a door has been opened (probably by using the inside light to close a 12V relay or something like that?).

I live in a nice subdivision, but for some reason, it seems as if every time I leave my truck unlocked at night, somebody opens it and takes what is inside. All I want to do is be able to catch them in the act to call the police.

Any help with this small circuit would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Todd

markm6164

Jan 22, 2012
Maybe a buzzer to help you to remember to lock your truck might be a better option. It would be alot easier.

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
Dude!......Lock your freakin truck!

Either that, or buy an alarm.....they sell them everywhere!

As far as catching them in the act......just stay up one night!

A Garand is nice for this....."GET OF MY LAWN!":D:D

Last edited:

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
seeing as how this is your residence, you don't need to alert the thieves that you have installed a infra red trail camera pointed at your truck. Just don't leave anything in your truck as bait and you should be OK. Calling the cops won't do nothing, let the cops show up at their house with the evidence. Then you will be cooking with grease.

tzem68

May 7, 2012
Well, as "naive" as this may sound, I live in a small town, and in a very nice, small subdivision. I never had to worry about locking doors until this last year. I lock my doors most of the time now, but that doesn't seem to be enough.

Back to the project at hand - does anybody have any suggestions for what I'd like to do?

Thanks!

Todd

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If you really want to rig something up, my thought would be to investigate a remote controlled power point. Have the remote rigged up to press a button when the interior light comes on. This could be used to turn on a lamp in your house (provided it is within range)

I have a couple of devices like this that I use to turn on and off appliances remotely (a wireless router in the roof cavity is one).

I think the remotes on mine are powered by a small 12V battery and have a different button for ON and OFF, so I could wire one (ON) button so it is always pressed and power the thing from an interior light. The power point adapters I have have a momentary switch on them to toggle the power, so I wouldn't have to walk outside to the car to turn off the light :)

Rleo6965

Jan 22, 2012
My neighbor place his Police Uniform inside the car near the window. Nobody dare to touch his car.