Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Storz & Bickel Plenty Vaporizer Circuit Repair

asasas

Feb 23, 2021
Thanks for that mate.
I pulled out mine too the rivets are gone. I was thinking to put a screw underneath the new thermal protection through the plastic cylinder or something to keep it fitted in there.
Let us know how it goes, looking forward to fix mine too!

Last edited:

Dogghammer

Dec 12, 2020
Your welcome.
Just link out the fuse for the mean time the stat on the devise works well and i see only a small amout of risk using it without the thermal protection :/ im just annoyed i threw my first one in the bin .

AbeFM

Jul 9, 2021
How did those work out for you? Did anyone find a source for the light? Mine's broken.

The unit is as others have described - not reaching full temp, sometimes staying on when I haven't hit the switch. It's kinda unnerving to have it heating an hour after I've walked away - I learned to trust the switch but am unlearning that rapidly.

AbeFM

Jul 9, 2021
I skimmed the thread, replaced my resistor with a thermal fuse, blew up my bulb. Huh.
READ the thread, and got everything fixed.

Lots of pics at https://photos.app.goo.gl/bYBmK3MAdP1L698Q6

I got replacement bulbs on Amazon - kinda a lot to spend for one light, but I guess I have a bag full now.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LKG7LMW
Manufacturer ‎YuCo
Part Number ‎YC-9WPM-5A-120-N-10-FBA
Item Weight ‎1.44 ounces
Package Dimensions ‎7.6 x 3.4 x 0.1 inches
Item model number ‎YC-9WPM-5A-120-N-10

They are ~1mm too wide, so I drilled out the hole to the next American size (3/8" from memory fwiw). Nice cables, a little tight but a good fix.

For the fuses, they are all over Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0719DHV9P

I used a 280C one since stock was 260 (see pics). The big issue was the form factor, couldn't figure out how to thermally couple the fuse to the heat block, so I soldered it to the tabs of the original fuse, bent it tight to the other one and then put on CPU Heatsink thermal compound. I'm not 100% sure this is safe but the MSDS is relatively clean. Anyway, be aware that the body is metal, so if you short across the tabs you'll have no fuse!

If someone knows something better to use, I might pull it open and clean/replace it.

Definitely working better. While I don't have any doubts... I think I'll go test it now... Just to be sure or something.... :-D

wombunk

Mar 31, 2022
Could anyone explain to me how to fix my plenty in a way someone with no electrical experience could follow. I've had 6 of these vapes now including replacements for broken units, they all failed with this exact fault

wombunk

Mar 31, 2022
I've read and then read everything here again and I think I understand now, I will order a new thermal fuse. Can someone explain why you have used thermal compound, I know nothing about electrics but I thought thermal compound protected things from heat like a CPU

AbeFM

Jul 9, 2021
Thermal paste is to conduct heat. The concern is that the thermal fuse won't get as hot as the part it is attached to, and it wouldn't trigger when it needs to, which would be a fire risk.

Good luck!

Golgoth

Mar 16, 2023
Hi Wombuk, how did that work for you? Did that fix your plenty's problem?
I think i have had 6 units just like you... They last about 3 years each time.. That might be the reason why warranty is 2 years now instead of 3 years before.