Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Stove makes wild random clicking buzzing—please HELP

Gocanada

Oct 23, 2021
Pls help!!!
I have had a GE convection range for 20+ years, awesome stove , super dependable, however, the digital clock /timer thing bit the dust (I don’t care, everything else still works) , but it buzzes and pops randomly at all hours of the day now!!

Any ideas?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Gocanada . . . . . . . . . ( which seems aurally, to have a slight Latin flair )

Give us the model number so we can see how its electrically constructed.
Can you get an ear up and pinpoint the sound source exactly ? . . . . . in the final close in quest . . . .a larger soda straw in the ear . . making the final discriminating sound sweep . . .helps in differentiating within that last quarter inch . . . or centimetre . . . . ( if You-are-a-peeing ).

I'm thinking that the source is going to be the final / intermittent / waning gasps of the acoustical sound reproduction portion of your units timer.
If so . . . .. . . . . . . I'M A' TELLINK' YOU VAT . . . . . . . VE MUST AMPUTATE !

73's de Edd . . . . . .

I believe that I may have just become dain bramaged . . . . . . . .

Gocanada

Oct 23, 2021
Actually I tore out the piezoelectric buzzer thing—and the stove has been doing this for like a year now.

I’ll try the straw thing. I’d replace the whole control panel if it was still available, but it isn’t.

I’ll try to upload video.
GRCL3520TM-1 model (G.E)

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
for 20+ years,

At that age it could be on the verge of being an electro-mechanical timer.
Either way, disconnect the feed to the timer.
You may need to jumper the "auto" to the oven control.