Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Strange BLDC wave form and failed drivers

Lord_grezington

May 3, 2013
Hello All

I have this BLDC project and have chosen to use the Silocon Labs SI8233BB isolated drivers.

I am getting this strange stepped waveform on the rising edge of the PWM, has any one seen this before and know what might be causing it?

The drive is bootstrapped with 3 fets in parralell, each with its own gate resistors and diodes. The waveforms were taken with the motor running no load with only around 0.3A current from the PSU (about right for this motor). The fets are FDP61N20 and the bootstrap caps are 470nF each.

I had all three SI8233BB fail (Now repaired), do you thin this could be causing the problem?

Thanks

upload_2020-4-30_15-7-25.png

Lord_grezington

May 3, 2013
Hi

I have since noted that the PWM step goes away once I load the motor. The graphs above were measured between the motor phase and GND. I have since doing the schematic also added additional 100R gate resistors in parallel (to take total to 50R), schottky diodes between the motor phases and GND (to prevent negetive voltage transients) and 10nF caps parrallel with the diodes in attempt to neaten the waveforms up a bit.

Although the PWM step has now gone, I would like to know why they were there in the first place and if it could have caused the drivers to fail.

upload_2020-5-1_8-4-59.png

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

@Oleg.normalniy , What are you trying to show?
The video link does not work and leads to a login page.

Bertus