Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Strange voltage from 74ls02 nor gate

Eerik1111

Mar 26, 2014
im working on a seven segment display that is going to display numbers In a 3 switch sequence (meaning 8 different positions) and I ran into a problem with an IC, or so I think it is the IC. I changed the IC to see if it was bad but I got the same problem I have attached a photo (missfigures6) that gives an better explaination of the situation If you want, (and have multisim 13) I can send you the multisim file via email. just post your email bellow and I can give it to you if anyone has any suggestions that I could try please suggest them. there is also the truth table and drawn schematic

Attachments

• drawing of malfunctioning sectinon.jpg
    drawing of malfunctioning sectinon.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 274
  • IMAG1025.jpg
    IMAG1025.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 272
  • truth table.jpg
    truth table.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 286
  • missfigures6.jpg
    missfigures6.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 168

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
We will need to see your whole circuit and tell us what ABC are set to on the input versus the number your getting. Also U71 is a single output so not sure how this is going to send the right signals to the display. What is the other PCB in your photo doing?
Adam

Eerik1111

Mar 26, 2014
the diagram is there. you can see for yourself. I am only concerned about the one input. the rest of the circuit is functioning normally. the problem is how I stop the alkward voltage issue. the numbers come through fine. the issue is a voltage alkwardness in the G input circuit. (g meaning the input on a seven segment display common cathode)

Attachments

• drawing of entire circut .jpg
    drawing of entire circut .jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 218
Last edited: