Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Stripboard Layout Editor

Alexius

Nov 6, 2012
Hi all,

I am currently writing online software named "Schematic Striplay", usable and evolving day by day, but without users feedback there's hard to know which new features to code in.

It's purpose is to draw schematic and use integrated layout editor which supports stripboards(veroboards), breadboards as well as Atarado boards. There's also few videos on Youtube to see elementary manipulations (
).

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
I've spent about 15 minutes on it, and it looks pretty good.
Certainly a lot better than other stripboard layout editors I've tried.
The next time I have a project to lay out on stripboard, I'll give you some detailed feedback.

Alexius

Nov 6, 2012
I've spent about 15 minutes on it, and it looks pretty good.
Certainly a lot better than other stripboard layout editors I've tried.
The next time I have a project to lay out on stripboard, I'll give you some detailed feedback.

Thank you for your time. I'll be happy to help you in your next experience.:)

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Interesting little editor, I only played with it for a quick bit but it seemed to work just how I would expect...

Alexius

Nov 6, 2012
Interesting little editor, I only played with it for a quick bit but it seemed to work just how I would expect...

Thanks, I'm thinking about to make drop-down menu instead of such floating. What do you think?

sirch

Dec 6, 2012
I wanted to do a strip-board layout and tried a few different editors, I have to say I found Alexius's online one the easiest to use and it works well. It is a bit hard to find so here is a link http://3lectronics.com/easy-schematic-editor-with-layout-for-stripboars-veroboard/

I woiuld say leave the floating menus - the are very convenient, one thing that was not obvious to me was that a layout could be saved and reloaded. You have "Save to Downloads" and "Open Project" it may be better to just have "Save" and "Load" or "Open". It would also be good if it could prompt for the save file name.

Those are just minor issues though, thanks for your efforts it's a brilliant on-line app.

Alexius

Nov 6, 2012
I woiuld say leave the floating menus - the are very convenient, one thing that was not obvious to me was that a layout could be saved and reloaded. You have "Save to Downloads" and "Open Project" it may be better to just have "Save" and "Load" or "Open". It would also be good if it could prompt for the save file name.

Thank you for your observations, I name "Save" as "Save to Dowloads" due restrictions of javascript and users can easy find where file goes. But, you're right about "Open" or "Load". It should be more convenient.