Maker Pro
Maker Pro

strobe LED lights on circuit board

Stephen Smith

Apr 17, 2014
So i have little to no experience with electronics but i am determined to learn one way or another. What i am trying to do now is recreate a single multicolored strobe light using a very small circuit board (about the size of quarter), microchips, a button and 1620 3v watch batteries. I am wondering what i will need on the circuit board to get this strobe effect or if i would have to program a microchip to get the strobe affect? If you could give advice, links, or point me in a direction where i can receive some extra information that would be greatly appreciated.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Welcome to our forum, Stephen.

First: I had to move your thread to another part of our forum. The project logs section is for documenting your projects, not for asking questions. One cannot reply there to your post.

Can you give us some more background information? I assume you'd like to have the battery on the back of your circuit, some LEDs on the front and you want the LEDs to generate a visual effect-
What exactly do you mena by "multicolored strobe light"? Can you provide a llink to a site where we can see this effect, or can you describe in more detail, what it is supposed to look like?
What is the button for? You surely don't mean a button cell, as you state the use of a 1620 cell. Do you want to button up the unit into a buttonhole? That would be mre of a mechanical issue, not an electronic one.
The microchip you envision: Is a programmable controller within your expertise, or do you prefer some fixed timing device (like e.g. a regularly flashing multivibrator)?
Have you loked at blinking LEDs? They flash without the help of an external chip.

Last edited: