Maker Pro

stroboscope

old8s

Jul 24, 2010
any ideas
on where to get circit info
basicaly id like to buil;d a strobe light that picks up vibrations
i used to own one a long time ago
the strobe used to strobe but when the sencer was pushed down it stopped the strobe i think it used a solinoid

i seen one that used air pressure a hose was hked up to a ball and when the ball was pressed it also stpped the strobe

any ideas or sites to search
cheers
glen

old8s

Jul 24, 2010
hmmmm

An apparatus for balancing a wheel mounted on a vehicle by visually observing its off-center movements upon rotation thereof. The apparatus includes an indicia applied to the wheel, a base supporting a housing, a variable strobe lamp connected to the housing and directed toward the indicia, an optical unit enclosed within the housing, the unit including a first lens focused upon the indicia and a second lens adapted to transmit the image of the indicia from the first lens to an observer, and an indicator disposed between the first and second lenses to relate to the observer the off-center movements of the rotating wheel and thereby indicate both the amount of weight required to balance the wheel and the location for the placement thereof. A bail and stylus pivotally connected to the housing may be included to form the indicia on the wheel. Also an integral part of the invention is the method of optically balancing a wheel mounted on a vehicle including the steps of (1) suspending the wheel above the ground; (2) marking a reference point on the wheel; (3) rotating the wheel, (4) synchronizing a strobe lamp to conform to the speed of rotation of the wheel and thereby provide a motionless appearance to the reference and wheel; (5) observing the position of the reference when the wheel is at its lowest vertical position; (6) stopping the wheel and manually rotating the wheel to position the reference in substantially the same location as previously observed; and (7) applying appropriate counter-weights to the wheel

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Sounds like a list of claims in a patent.

I'm still pretty unclear about what you want.

If I suspect right, you might be able to get a 3W white LED and use a 555 to generate brief pulses with variable spacing. Each pulse causing the LED to turn on.

I have no idea of the range of frequencies you would need not the "on" duration of the LED (which is dependant on the rotational speeds you'll be seeing)