Maker Pro
Maker Pro

SUN GDM 20E20 CRT Monitor Screen Tired my Eyes Help

Tete85

Aug 11, 2022
Hello. I am new here.

I needed help with an Old CRT Monitor which I like very much, it looks great, The Focus its OK, but after a short time of using it it makes my eyes feel tired. I can't figure out the problem.
I have other large CRT monitors and it only happens with this one.

Someone could help me ?

Thanks and regards

John Canon

Jun 1, 2022
The first thing that comes to mind is the refresh rate ... if may have changed accidentally. If it is too slow it can cause symptoms. Then check other things: are you sitting closer, is there glare or reflections on the face of the screen?

Last year I gave up my Viewsonic Professional CRT monitor after 18 years of loving it. Now I have a new love ... a 24-inch Asus LED monitor with a feature called "Eye Care."

Tete85

Aug 11, 2022
The first thing that comes to mind is the refresh rate ... if may have changed accidentally. If it is too slow it can cause symptoms. Then check other things: are you sitting closer, is there glare or reflections on the face of the screen?

Last year I gave up my Viewsonic Professional CRT monitor after 18 years of loving it. Now I have a new love ... a 24-inch Asus LED monitor with a feature called "Eye Care."
Yes, I tried different frequencies and I think it improved a little but not completely. I have some Retro projects...that's why I use it.
I'm investigating the Convergence issue to see if the problem comes from there. I'll check the reflection.

Thank you very much for the advice.