Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Supply chain for strategic materials importance

Integrator741

Jun 16, 2013
Hello guys,

I am trying to crack one question for my business studies and I really need some help.

I can figure it out what happens to a company if the supply chain for one of their strategic materials changes??

What they look for new sources? Or depends on a change???Or something unrelated?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I've moved this to homework, for obvious reasons.

You'll have to explain exactly what you mean by

the supply chain for one of their strategic materials changes

Because at the moment this is seemingly ambiguous in that the change could be severe (new supply chain has lower capacity/reliability, etc) or minor (no -- or beneficial -- change in capacity and reliability).

All you could say with certainty is that you would have to evaluate the changes.

And then,
what happens to the company
seems to be a fairly unusually phrased part of the question. You're more interested in what the company might need to do than what happens to it. Sure, the result might be that the company goes down the tubes, but that would be as a consequence of their actions in response to change rather than as a result of the change per se.

jpanhalt

Nov 12, 2013
What they look for new sources? Or depends on a change???Or something unrelated?

If it is multiple choice, which I doubt, the the answer is all of the above.

There is so much left our of your question that any other answer would be irresponsible.

John

Integrator741

Jun 16, 2013
I've moved this to homework, for obvious reasons.

You'll have to explain exactly what you mean by

Because at the moment this is seemingly ambiguous in that the change could be severe (new supply chain has lower capacity/reliability, etc) or minor (no -- or beneficial -- change in capacity and reliability).

All you could say with certainty is that you would have to evaluate the changes.

And then, seems to be a fairly unusually phrased part of the question. You're more interested in what the company might need to do than what happens to it. Sure, the result might be that the company goes down the tubes, but that would be as a consequence of their actions in response to change rather than as a result of the change per se.

Thank you, your assumptions about lower capacity and reliability really helped me! I didn't even think about it! new supply chain might not have such capacity, that would reflect in a shortage of some sort of materials in one of the manufacturing plants. If that would be the case, they would be forced to do some changes in their operations or search for the new supply chain! Thanks!