Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Switch for Intex pool pump circuit board!

drstratton

Jun 24, 2021
Hi! I have a switch that is going bad on my pool pump controller. My son told me to find an electronics forum to see if anyone can help me identify the switch that I need. He's not familiar with it. Thank you for your help!
Pool Circuit Board.jpg
Pool Circuit Board 2.jpg Pool Circuit Board Back.jpg

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir drstratton . . . . .

Mah fren . . . .what you have there are three " TACT" ile , momentary contact pushbutton switches .
Refer to the bottom referenced two vee-dee-yos for their internal construction.
You can buy new or get them as still working units from scrap electronics from the 70's-90's . . .particularly being used on Wee-Cee-R'uhs. . . . ( using Indian accent)

Of the very simplest possible work -a-rounds you might try placing it with the button facing topward.
You then flood the round entry point where that button enters the case with a spray cleaner or WD-40 with your expecting a portion of it to gravity flow on down and get down into the innards and thereby wet the periphery of that convuluted contact disc and adjunct contacts of the switch.
Then use the handle of a screwdriver to moderately " impact tap " directly down on the switch button on upwards of a " hunnert " times, and be expecting that repetetive extra splaying action to progressively micro-abrade away some of the time developed contact oxide. Thus, giving you fresh metal contact point areas then being exposed.

Finally . . . . . . after testing for 100% renewed electrical contact functionality . . . . . you might leave it in the same positioning and respray with WD-40 and add a couple of drops of some possibly already owned . . .household mineral oil . . . . or less readily available . . . silicone fuser oil . . . as was / is used in laser based copy machines . . . or . . . pro race cars use silicone brake fluid.
Or as being a hobbiest . . . . . TRAXXAS model cars and boats also have / use that oil in small vials.

Therewith, you would be expecting the wetted WD-40 to give a merged migrational path to carry the more permanant oils down into the contact surfaces, as the watery thin viscosity WD-40 is going to be ever so quick to dissappear.

OBSERVED . . . . .
If only finding a salvaged short replacement switch, you might have to epoxy on an extension, to extend it out to the length of the other two.

WHAT ? ARE TACT SWITCHES . . .and how-do-dey-wuks ?

Thaaaaassssit . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

I just now wondered ? . . . . . is it permissible for VEGETARIANS, being allowed to eat ANIMAL CRACKERS?

Last edited:

drstratton

Jun 24, 2021
Sir drstratton . . . . .

Mah fren . . . .what you have there are three " tact" ile , momentary contact switches .
You can buy new or get them as still working units from scrap electronics from the 70's-90's . . .particularly Wee-Cee-R'uhs. . . . ( using Indian accent)
Of the simplest possible work -a-rounds you might try placing it with the button facing topward.
You then flood the round entry point where that button enters the case wit a spray cleaner or WD-40 to expect a portion of it to get down into tbe innards
and wet the periphery of that convuluted contact disc and then activate the switch.
Do this upwards of a 100 times with the plastic or wood handle of a screwdriver coming directly down on the switch button and expecting that repetetive cro-abrade extra splaying action to micro-abrade away some of the time developed contact oxide. Thus, giving you fresh metal contact points.

Finally . . . . . . after testing for 100% renewed electrical conttact functionality . . . . . you might leave in the same positioning and respray with WD-40 and add a couple of drops of possibly already owned . . .household mineral oil . . . . or less available . . . silicone fuser oil . . . as was / is used in copy machines . . . or . . . pro race cars use silicone brake fluid.
Therewith, you would be expecting the wetted WD-40 to give a migrational path to carry the more permanant oils down into the contact surfaces, as the watery thin viscosity WD-40 is quick to dissappear.

OBSERVED
If only finding a salvaged short replacement switch, you might have to epoxy on an extension, to extend it out to the length of the other two.

Thaaaaassssit

73's de Edd . . . . .

Thank you very much, I appreciate the help! I will show this to my son.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Vegetarians are not allowed to eat animal crackers due to native cultural appropriation issues.
It offends the animals.

drstratton

Jun 24, 2021
Sir drstratton . . . . .

Mah fren . . . .what you have there are three " TACT" ile , momentary contact pushbutton switches .
You can buy new or get them as still working units from scrap electronics from the 70's-90's . . .particularly being used on Wee-Cee-R'uhs. . . . ( using Indian accent)

Of the very simplest possible work -a-rounds you might try placing it with the button facing topward.
You then flood the round entry point where that button enters the case with a spray cleaner or WD-40 with your expecting a portion of it to gravity flow on down and get down into the innards and thereby wet the periphery of that convuluted contact disc and adjunct contacts of the switch.
Then use the handle of a screwdriver to moderately " impact tap " directly down on the switch button on upwards of a " hunnert " times, and be expecting that repetetive extra splaying action to progressively micro-abrade away some of the time developed contact oxide. Thus, giving you fresh metal contact point areas then being exposed.

Finally . . . . . . after testing for 100% renewed electrical contact functionality . . . . . you might leave it in the same positioning and respray with WD-40 and add a couple of drops of some possibly already owned . . .household mineral oil . . . . or less readily available . . . silicone fuser oil . . . as was / is used in laser based copy machines . . . or . . . pro race cars use silicone brake fluid.
Or as being a hobbiest . . . . . TRAXXAS model cars and boats also have / use that oil in small vials.

Therewith, you would be expecting the wetted WD-40 to give a merged migrational path to carry the more permanant oils down into the contact surfaces, as the watery thin viscosity WD-40 is going to be ever so quick to dissappear.

OBSERVED . . . . .

Thaaaaassssit . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

I just now wondered ? . . . . . is it permissible for VEGETARIANS, being allowed to eat ANIMAL CRACKERS?

So, my son had already used some Cleaner/lubricant from Radio Shack and it worked a few times. Then I had trouble getting it to go again, that's when we decided to buy new switches. Taking your advice I took it apart again and re-lubricated them and worked each switch at least 100 times. I hooked it back up and it started right up with no problems. My son had to place an order for some other electronics components today, we went ahead and ordered some just to have them on hand, in case they totally fail at some point. Thank you again for your quick response and help with my question!

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Make sure you order the correct length of shaft or the external button wont work.
These heights are in mm.

images

Martin