Maker Pro
Maker Pro

switching of a special type

shobhit

May 2, 2013
Hi ,
It would be very helpful if someone can tell me a way to wire so can control my switches with arduino and at the same time with my board switches.

That is if i switch off from board it should get off . And when i ON with my arduino it should get on .
Cant figure a way out .
The link for the video is :

I want to implement the thing i wrote above , in the system shown in video .

A circuit diagram , if someone can draw will be very helpful .

Thank You ..

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
There are several options:

Let's assume you're operating a light.

1) both the switch and the arduino can toggle the state of the light

2) either the switch or the arduino can turn the light on, but both must turn it off for the light to extinguish

3) both the arduino and the switch must be operated to turn on the light, but switching either off extinguishes the light.

Which one do you want?

The first one will work if the arduino can sense the state of the device (e.g. the light by means of an LDR) and if the person switching the light can sene if it is on or off. Note that in this case the switch cannot be marked ON and OFF because either way might turn the light on.

shobhit

May 2, 2013
Hey Steve ,
I want the first 1 ..!!
isnt there any other way then sensing the light ..
coz i want it to work with fan , tv , i mean appliance can be anything ..!!

one thing i can do is make a switch which toggles control between arduino or board , if toogle is to board then board will work or if to arduino then arduino will .. this i can implement but what i want is below:

the immediate toggle should be effective , be it from arduino or be it from physical board ..!! thats what i want to implement n nothing is sparking :p .!!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hey Steve ,
I want the first 1 ..!!

That's what I suspected.

isnt there any other way then sensing the light ..
coz i want it to work with fan , tv , i mean appliance can be anything ..!!

You could measure the output voltage, and then drive an optocoupler to feed a signal back to the arduino when the power is on.

Alternatively, you could connect the switch to the aArduino so the Arduino has full control and it uses the switch as a signal to change state (on to off or off to on). You might just use a normal push-button for that.

My initial assumption was that you wanted the normal power switch to actually control the power independently of the arduino, but that might be wrong.

one thing i can do is make a switch which toggles control between arduino or board , if toogle is to board then board will work or if to arduino then arduino will .. this i can implement but what i want is below:

the immediate toggle should be effective , be it from arduino or be it from physical board ..!! thats what i want to implement n nothing is sparking :p .!!

I'm not really sure I understand what you said there.

shobhit

May 2, 2013
ignore what i said dude :D ..!!

i got my answer .. will give full control to my arduino ..!! thx :)) ..!!