Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Switching Power Supply

Dany_76*

Oct 9, 2020
Hi guys I want to ask you,
How to parallel switching power supply in correct way? I need the schematic diagram for it, thanks

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
What makes you think this is possible? Who is the manufacturer of the switching power supply, what is the model number, how much output voltage at what current level will a single power supply produce? How many do you need to operate in parallel? Is there a provision for synchronous switching of all the power supplies, or do you expect them to run independently? You need a schematic diagram? Have you contacted the power supply manufacturer and asked for one?

Dany_76*

Oct 9, 2020
Hi hevans thanks for your response, I have 5 x 30a 12 volt power supply, and I want to get 150a output, before that i am doing experiment (but with low ampere 3x3a 12volt and it is succeed i get 9a exactly) i put ceramic resistor with mili ohm and high wattage value, also install diode in series to terminal output, i get those reference/solution in other forum, but I am not sure if paralleling in big ampere will succeed also, i need correct value of each Component,btw it will be difficult if i contacted the manufacturer in direct, but I will try to reach them, this i send you the model of power supply IMG_20200930_203206.jpg

Juliusbarry

Oct 24, 2020
The main advantage of the switching power supply is greater efficiency, up to 96 percent, than linear regulators because the switching transistor dissipates little power when acting as a switch.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi hevans thanks for your response, I have 5 x 30a 12 volt power supply, and I want to get 150a output, before that i am doing experiment (but with low ampere 3x3a 12volt and it is succeed i get 9a exactly) i put ceramic resistor with mili ohm and high wattage value, also install diode in series to terminal output, i get those reference/solution in other forum, but I am not sure if paralleling in big ampere will succeed also, i need correct value of each Component, btw it will be difficult if i contacted the manufacturer in direct, but I will try to reach them, this i send you the model of power supply View attachment 49444

Dunno if you did that labelling or not ??

but there are lots of mis/bad labelling, here's an edited version

switching PSU.JPG

Now in reference to your text .... You are NOT going to get 150A out of that PSU
You would have to change virtually EVERY component in the PSU