Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Technics digital piano SX PX 336 CMOS batteries?

Deano3433

Jan 22, 2022
Hi, I have a Technics SXPX 336 digital piano.
It plays for a time and then the keys die. That is, none of them work. The power light remains on and to get sound I have to keep turning it off and on again.
When it dies, the last key played continues to reverberate through the speakers as it fades.
So it doesn’t die completely.
It has 2 CMOS batteries soldered to the audio board and on testing them, one reads
.53 volts and the other reads 2.38 volts.
They look the same size and so I’m guessing they need replacing and am hoping that will solve the dying problem.
There are no markings on the batteries. I can work out positive from negative with my meter but I’d like to buy the correct replacement batteries. I can’t find a schematic for this model. Does anybody have any idea how to get that information or what batteries I can replace them with?
Thanks in advance. Dave

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Show a few photos might be a good starting place.
See if the photos can show any details written as well.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
CMOS batteries typically are 3 V lithium cells.
I can't exclude the batteries as a cause for the issue, but usually CMOS batteries are only used by the circuit when no mains power is available. To store settings etc. Usually once the board has started on mains, the CMOS battery is no longer required. Doesn't harm to replace it, though.

Deano3433

Jan 22, 2022
I can't exclude the batteries as a cause for the issue, but usually CMOS batteries are only used by the circuit when no mains power is available. To store settings etc. Usually once the board has started on mains, the CMOS battery is no longer required. Doesn't harm to replace it, though.
Thanks- I’ve replaced the CMOS batteries. Sadly didn’t fix the problem.