Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Technika LCD22-218 TV

Paul Mac

Oct 22, 2014
Hi

My TV comes on from cold and works for about 5-10 mins then the screen goes black, I can still hear audio. My electronics skills is very rusty, I used to fix monitors when you could still desolder and replace a transistor. Would this be a problem with the inverter or the AV board ?

Any ideas where i can get a replacement ? the full spec is TECHNIKA LCD M22/36B-GB-TCDI-UK REF 22-218

Thanks in advance for any input.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Can you tell if the backlight is still on? It should be obvious in a darkened room.

If it's not on, look closely at the screen, is the image still there (it might help to use a torch at an angle)

Paul Mac

Oct 22, 2014
No there doesnt appear to be a backlight I checked in a dark room.

It has stopped coming on for 5 mins before going off now. On switch on it now flashes a Blue screen with TECHNIKA written across in white then the screen goes immediatly dark, no backlight.

Thanks for your help steve

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, so you *may* have a backlight issue.

Is this a LED or CCFL unit?

If it's CCFL then it may be possible to replace the CCFL tubes, and/or fix/replace the inverter.

The former (replacing CCFL) may be quite fiddly -- I've done it once and I really wouldn't want to do it again. Although in fairness in my case I had to completely disassemble the LCD panel.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
LCD panel TV's use either LEDs or CCFL tubes ( fluoro tubes) to backlight the screen
Steve is wanting you to establish which one it is
Usually one lit by fluoro tube(s) will have a EHT voltage supply around 3000V

I think its about time for some pix of the main board(s) Sharp and Well Lit to see if there is anything obvious

Dave