Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tektronix 2235 Scope

piloteer

Jul 29, 2010
Repairing a 2235 which I recently got at an auction. Looking at where to obtain some parts. Already replaced a defective Mosfet in the power supply control section. Need the SCR and the 51 volt 400 milliwatt zener. The zener seems to be very close to a 1N5362. Can't find a source for the SCR. In the parts description it's the A!Q935 described as SCR: S1 RD-44. Tex p/n is 151-0506-00. Tried the usual sources for the part but came up a zero. Being a Metrology engineer in a past life I repaired a number of these 2235's The 2200 series scopes have always been a source of angst. Would appreciate all the help I can get. :)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
On the web I found :
Q Service
&
IML Test
showing stock, but have never bought from them.

piloteer

Jul 29, 2010
Thanks shrtrnd, just before your response i found qservice.tv.com. IML didn't seem to carry much. Qservice had the parts so I got some. Then I ordered another part they said they had but it comes from Greece. It takes 8 to 10 days but I'll get it. Qservice is an Ebay company. Alliedelec.com has a pretty good stock as well as Westfloridacomponents.com

Hopefully as soon as all the parts I ordered are in I'll get that 2235 back on the air.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Dereklee

Jul 14, 2010
Thanks shrtrnd, just before your response i found qservice.tv.com. IML didn't seem to carry much. Qservice had the parts so I got some. Then I ordered another part they said they had but it comes from Greece. It takes 8 to 10 days but I'll get it. Qservice is an Ebay company. Alliedelec.com has a pretty good stock as well as Westfloridacomponents.com

Hopefully as soon as all the parts I ordered are in I'll get that 2235 back on the air.

Thank you.

if high quality parts, theyre worth waiting for a while.:D
hope everything goes well. ;) and find your 2235 back soon.

piloteer

Jul 29, 2010
Thanks Dereklee.

PHP:
if high quality parts, theyre worth waiting for a while

Mnay parts from China are manufacturered by American companies forced to foreign countries
because of the confounded corporate tax laws imposed by the anti capitalists in our government.
A good example is Intel. The corporate tax rate in Ireland is only 11%.

Last edited: