Maker Pro
Maker Pro

tektronix 2467b oscilloscope fail codes

gmlaser

Apr 28, 2011
I have a tektronixs 400 mhz 2467b which on power up displays a message test 5 fail 9 which can be cleared by pressing the a/b trigger I am trying to find out what this actually means and can it be fixed I would hate to have to part with the scope

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Don't have the answer, but might be able to point you in the right direction.
I've got the 2467B Maint/Service manual in front of me. But as usual, it's not detailed
enough for me to pin-point your error code.
(Page 6-12 in manual, if you find one)
Test 5 is a test of the Main Board.
The errors listed are for Level/Trigger, but your #9 is not on the list.
Most of the errors like this I've seen, have to do with the trigger level.
Too positive/negative. (Usually just a pot adjustment)
Manual says to clear all this type of error code, press the A/B Trigger Push-Button,
which you already know.
Hopefully somebody else on this site will be able to pin-point the exact problem,
but this gets you in the ballpark.
Most of this type of error doesn't cause scope failure, it just alerts you to the fact
that an adjustment is just out of tolerance.
Good luck.

MattyMatt

Mar 24, 2011
Wasn't able to find any very detailed myself, but I would recommend, if you care to join, at this group... I am still in the process of being approved myself... but I did some scouring for some help with my Tek 475A, and I came across them, Apparently there are a lot of old tek employees that are in this group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TekScopes/

Anywho... good luck, and if you get any updates, let us know... I'd certainly be curious.
Matty-

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Wasn't able to find any very detailed myself, but I would recommend, if you care to join, at this group... I am still in the process of being approved myself... but I did some scouring for some help with my Tek 475A, and I came across them, Apparently there are a lot of old tek employees that are in this group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TekScopes/

Anywho... good luck, and if you get any updates, let us know... I'd certainly be curious.
Matty-

I have been a member of the tekscopes yahoo group for some time its a wealth of info
helped me getting my old Tek465B running

Dave