Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Test and Tag???

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Seems the nobs in Queensland Transport have come up with the "brilliant" idea that all electric cars should have a small blue "tag" fitted to their number plate warning of possible electrocution in event of a crash.

I'm no emergency service expert, but I'd imagine running around a crash scene looking for the number plates would be the last thing emergency service people would be doing.

Seen some of these crashes on TV and internet and most, one cannot even identify the vehicle let alone find out where the number plate might be.
Might be a better idea to use large GT stripes down the complete centre of the vehicle like the hoons did back in the 70's and 80's with the warings emblazed every 600mm same as gas pipes in commercial buildings.

Apologies if this should have been lodged in the "comedy section."

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
That's almost as funny as Biden hunting for the recent 'successful' suicide bombers. The mind boggles.

Martin

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
When I did my recent first aid course we were advised to stand back and survey the incident zone before going in and potentially putting ourselves at risk. No good rushing in and being electrocuted touching a vehicle connected to fallen power lines.

I would have assumed that emergency service personal are trained to look for signs that the vehicles involved are electric powered and take the appropriate precautions.
If a number plate is visible with a blue tag on it, this would be an extra clue.

I have noticed that the badges on Toyota hybrid electric vehicles have a blue background, so maybe blue badges/logos/tags etc will come to mean that the vehicle is an EV of some sort?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
When I did my recent first aid course we were advised to stand back and survey the incident zone before going in and potentially putting ourselves at risk. No good rushing in and being electrocuted touching a vehicle connected to fallen power lines.

I would have assumed that emergency service personal are trained to look for signs that the vehicles involved are electric powered and take the appropriate precautions.
If a number plate is visible with a blue tag on it, this would be an extra clue.

I have noticed that the badges on Toyota hybrid electric vehicles have a blue background, so maybe blue badges/logos/tags etc will come to mean that the vehicle is an EV of some sort?

I too, have had experience with scene appraisal in electrical rescue training but my point is still the same.

Well and good for your "first aid course", but this is a small blue tag applied to the number plate, not rather obvious power lines stretched to billio......I'm guessing the applied blue tag would be stuck on with double sided tape into the bargain.
Time will tell.

Must remember the Qld Gov do not have a good track record regarding safety and professional advice.
Just go back and take a quick peek at the "insulation" stuff-up.

I imagine you have seen some of the results from these road crashes and the mangled mess some end up as.
Looking for a small blue tag on a number plate .......could be more than a quick appraisal.

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
Best thing is to buy an ICE car.
As far as electric cars are concerned, I will buy one when China stops building coal fired power stations which probably won't be in my life time if ever, otherwise they are a bit pointless.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Maybe simply give all those emergency personell a neon test screwdriver....pop your finger one end...poke the other on the vehicle.:cool:

That'll cover if they are electric or if they knock down any power poles.:)

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
"If a number plate is visible with a blue tag on it, this would be an extra clue."

ev.png

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
eems the nobs in Queensland Transport have come up with the "brilliant" idea that all electric cars should have a small blue "tag" fitted to their number plate warning of possible electrocution in event of a crash.

I'm no emergency service expert, but I'd imagine running around a crash scene looking for the number plates would be the last thing emergency service people would be doing.

it may be Australia wide ?, definitely throughout NSW as well. For qui9te some time