Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Test Rig, Need Advice

N1CKY

Feb 27, 2013
Hello there, Im new here. Im looking to make a test rig to test window modules from renault meganes. The module has 6 pins,

Pin1:Switch
Pin2:Switch
Pin3:positive
Pin4:Negative
Pin5:UNUSED
Pin6: To Body Controll Unit. (BCU)

Basically, The current test rig can test the up/down feature when pressing the switch. But the module has automatic functions (When the car gets locked the windows go up)

So the BCU sends a signal to the module for each command, So different frequencies from the BCU will make it do different commands. So what i want to do is re-create the BCU commands.

What i was thinking is measure the frequency of these commands with a O'scope then use some type of hardware (Dev Board ?) to probe pin6 and make it do the commands. Im just unsure of what hardware i need and how id go about it. This stuff really interests me so id like to get it working if possible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The voltage will be between 0-14vDC
No idea on the frequency range as of yet

Regards,

Nicky

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Have you Googled the data type? This is just an educated guess but I would think it's Serial Data.

Chris

N1CKY

Feb 27, 2013
Trying to find a datasheet for the IC is proving rather difficult though, Its a motorla chip with the numbers:

W84 197956a0
sw1.7 algo20
0k20r
ctctlw0329

If it is serial data, How would my idea around a test change ? Thanks.

Nicky

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012

xtoutou

Jun 3, 2016
Hello N1CKY. Any luck with the project? I could use some advice here. I own a megane and the window module stop working. Is there any way I can fix it? Maybe replace a component? Or is it the chip's fault? How can I test the pcb for errors? Thank you in advance for any information.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
This seems to be a common problem.
My neice has just had a module repaired by "The James Clan" for £30. This includes water proofing. It works well but do not know for how long.

Herschel Peeler

Feb 21, 2016
Hello there, Im new here. Im looking to make a test rig to test window modules from renault meganes. The module has 6 pins,

Pin1:Switch
Pin2:Switch
Pin3:positive
Pin4:Negative
Pin5:UNUSED
Pin6: To Body Controll Unit. (BCU)

Basically, The current test rig can test the up/down feature when pressing the switch. But the module has automatic functions (When the car gets locked the windows go up)

So the BCU sends a signal to the module for each command, So different frequencies from the BCU will make it do different commands. So what i want to do is re-create the BCU commands.

What i was thinking is measure the frequency of these commands with a O'scope then use some type of hardware (Dev Board ?) to probe pin6 and make it do the commands. Im just unsure of what hardware i need and how id go about it. This stuff really interests me so id like to get it working if possible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The voltage will be between 0-14vDC
No idea on the frequency range as of yet

Regards,

Nicky

Sounds like time to visit a junk yard and buy a door and BCU.