I'm sure they are good. They came from an Allen Bradley variable frequency drive. They are Philips 120640-7. I just wanted to know how I could test them. Being high voltage caps I was pretty sure it wasn't safe.
They can be tested if safety is put first. A large charge can be dangerous.
Considering they look like they have already been removed let's not
assume they are safe just yet.
You can grab a multi-meter, and set it to read voltage to test the leads to see if there is a charge. If possible, work with one hand and clip the test lead onto one of the posts. You never want to accidentally send voltage across your chest if you have faulty test probes and are holding one in each hand.
Capacitors will self-discharge if left long enough, but this is not to be counted on when handling them. If you wish to speed this process up, a high wattage resistor can be used.
If there is no charge, you can switch the meter to resistance. At first it will read like a short circuit of 0Ω, as the meter remains connected the resistance will slowly rise. If the resistance stays at 0, or it shows overload, open, or some other ridiculously large value, it may be bad.
This will only test if the capacitor has an internal open or short circuit. This will not tell you if the capacity is still as advertised.
When working with a cap like this, one of the dangerous parts is the voltage it is rated for because that will usually roughly translate into the expected full charge of the capacitor. So when taking it out, or accidentally touching it, it could deliver 300+ volts. Always use the not-so-common sense and think safety first.