Maker Pro
Maker Pro

The Latest Build

VenomBallistics

Aug 30, 2018
We’ll see. I don’t give up easy and I also don’t feed ca food to a Lion. Lol. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I agree that when you breaks things down, it gets understandable
well, this one might be more your jam anyhow .... the quardafuzz rack distortion.
Its essentially 4 of what you've already done with the added element of high, low, band pass filters, mixing and effects loops.
it's at least worthy of analysis and discussion
https://www.paia.com/manuals/docs/6720_is.pdf

SparkyCal

Mar 11, 2020
I'm not sure I can pull that off using the through hole soldering method. That's a lot of soldering and each connection must be perfect. Hmmm

VenomBallistics

Aug 30, 2018
yeah ... its just a function of getting consistent in that part of the craft. Keep a wet sponge in a dish at your work bench. Drag the tip across that to clean it and remove the great whacking gobs of solder that plague you.
After that, it get pretty easy to achieve 107% success rate

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
In You Tube videos, guys on the other side of the world carry around the solder on the dirty tip of their overheating cheap soldering iron.
ebay ads say the connections are welded, not soldered.

SparkyCal

Mar 11, 2020
Thank you. I may change my tip. Presently, I am using one with a very sharp point, like a sharp pencil

SparkyCal

Mar 11, 2020
Hello,

the following page will give you some tips on through hole soldering:
https://www.mikroe.com/blog/through-hole-soldering
Don´t let you be put off by the number of solderspots.
I once made a board with 30 chips on it.

Bertus
Bertus:

I must thank you again for this link. At first, I was wondering what I can possibly learn from it. But because you provided it, I thought it was worth reading.

Having read it, I decided to change the tip of my soldering iron, and my soldering iron.

I was using those sharp pointed pencil like tips. It came with the soldering iron that came with my heat gun station, so I was using it.

But I also own a Weller iron that has 5 heat settings. I decided to use the Weller and I switched to a chisel like tip, on setting 5. Since then, soldering has become so much quicker and easier. It takes about a second or so to do the whole join, which is a lot faster than before. I also noticed that the chisel tip allows the component legs to heat up in tandem with the solder.

It has made my soldering a lot faster and better.

Thanks for the tip (pardon the pun). ;-)

VenomBallistics

Aug 30, 2018

SparkyCal

Mar 11, 2020
Wow. Enough to keep me busy, that’s for sure. Thanks Bertus

P.S. @VB. Thanks for the link to the vst plug in. I will check it out. Hope it runs on. Mac though because I left the PC world years ago

VenomBallistics

Aug 30, 2018
Wow. Enough to keep me busy, that’s for sure. Thanks Bertus

P.S. @VB. Thanks for the link to the vst plug in. I will check it out. Hope it runs on. Mac though because I left the PC world years ago
I'm sure the mac has some flavor of DAW with VST support. I think VST was born on mac to begin with.