Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Thermal Printer Problem

hmunster123

Oct 22, 2022
Does anyone have any experience here with thermal printers? I found a Star TSP100 ECO and thought it would be fun to print some bitmap images on it. I downloaded the software and driver but doesn't work. It does print out a receipt after plugging the usb into my Lenovo Desktop but that's it, power feed button doesn't do anything either. I'm running Windows 10 but also tried on a Windows XP machine and that didn't work. I'll probably just toss it but thought I would ask here for any advice. Thanks from Brooklyn NY.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Does the software/driver work with the OS you're using? Some links to what you're using (and how) might help.

hmunster123

Oct 22, 2022
Yes, I got in touch with Star, they didn't have any answers. I'm using the right OS they said. It seems to be the right software and driver.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Unfortunately, without loading and running that software (pointless without the hardware to connect to) it's not possible to determine if there is a software issue, hardware issue or even 'programming' issue (bit pattern).

This is one case when you'll have to do the investigation yourself - is the software loaded properly? Is the connecting cable correct? Have you programmed it properly? Is it a serial port connection and, if so, are the data parameters set correctly? Are there any DIP Switch settings to consider? etc etc.