Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Thermoelectrics and Thermophotovoltaic modules

DMaN333X

Nov 22, 2023
Can anyone help me find an available 150+ watt solid state TEG or TPV module? The module should be around 60 x 60 mm or 200+ watt 3 inch diameter for the TPV. This is assuming the power density and temperature are enough. I saw a company called Evident Thermoelectrics made one in 2014, but I can not find it anymore or how to contact them. I need it for a project, and considering it was a 200-watt one, I assume it wouldn't just go away. If they closed, someone would have bought it, right? I can not find anything, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you

DMaN333X

Nov 22, 2023
I know half heusler thermoelectrics can do it but I have no idea where I can get any.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I assume it wouldn't just go away.
Unless the claims were a crock, that is.

Commonly available TEG/TPV modules have no where near that capability. Finding one of that rating and such a small size would be unlikely to say the least. Best stick with existing, proven, actually-in-manufacture items than speculative claims otherwise.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Are you a scientist?
I've only read about them in history books I'm sure that the technology has advanced they have multi megawatt reactors now, the old multi 100 watts, were used on NASA's Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 dinosaur spacecraft which were launched to explore Jupiter and Saturn . Each Voyager spacecraft carried three of these 150watt. MHW(Multi- Hundred -Watt) RTGs the MHW-RTG silicon–germanium thermoelectric element which is called a “unicouple."

Last edited: