Maker Pro
Maker Pro

This might be a fun disscussion :)

Electric-T

Jun 4, 2017
Ok guys, time to nerd out...
Any Star Trek fans out there? Yes? Well this might be a fun thing to talk about. I am fascinated by space and ill find myself thinking about how space craft in movies actually work. If this thread wanders a bit, so be it. Heres the question: In Star Trek, the ships use a "warp core" to travel at faster than light speeds. Would this warp core(matter/antimatter detonation) produce AC or DC current? Since it seems to be responsible for other systems besides propulsion. And on a larger note, the rest of the ship? AC? DC? Space current? haha. This is all theory of course, just thought it might be fun to disscuss.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
On the basis that many civilizations have come up with their own version of warp drive, and that it allows one to travel the universe, I think it qualifies doubly as a universal motor.

Therefore, if this is true, it may be AC/DC.

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
I would think it would be AC in the form of high energy light(frequency much above visible light) that would be converted directly to DC("photo-voltaic" 100% efficiency).
DC would be good for storing in batteries for use in brown-out emergency situations. o_O

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'd bet that impulse drive use PWM.

Jimmerman

Aug 13, 2017
Ok guys, time to nerd out...
Any Star Trek fans out there? Yes? Well this might be a fun thing to talk about. I am fascinated by space and ill find myself thinking about how space craft in movies actually work. If this thread wanders a bit, so be it. Heres the question: In Star Trek, the ships use a "warp core" to travel at faster than light speeds. Would this warp core(matter/antimatter detonation) produce AC or DC current? Since it seems to be responsible for other systems besides propulsion. And on a larger note, the rest of the ship? AC? DC? Space current? haha. This is all theory of course, just thought it might be fun to disscuss.

There are so many concepts of transporting things in speed of light

I would think of direct current since concepts of traveling from star trek is to desolve its ship according to its quantum theory and shoot it self like lasor cannon and this light beam concerend as its conductor, since light is also a matter.

You would rather send it by direct current for considering resistance and efficiency after all.

As topic came out for fun,
Wish you can be read it for fun

Thanks

Electric-T

Jun 4, 2017
I feel the same way. It seems like energy would be created like a power plant. A force pushing a wheel or turbine to create AC current. Then being rectified to DC to be used for the ships systems. I thought up a design in my head last night and it sounds a lot like what we're all talking about here. If matter/antimatter wasn't such a dangerous reaction, id say we were almost on to a new source of energy here. Though I'm sure somewhere in the world right now there is a scientist devoting his life to it. Maybe even warp drive haha

Jimmerman

Aug 13, 2017
@Jimmerman :

짐머 맨, 환영합니다.
(나는 한국어를 말할 수 없다. 난 구글 번역 사용. ) ;)

Thanks for welcoming me ChosunOne,
My english might not figurative or pointless sometimes,
please regard that english is my second language,

hope you have a good one :)