Maker Pro
Maker Pro

thrustmaster t300 pcb board component identification C4

nolimit413

Mar 14, 2023
6yseh5ro.png
c4 has burned out and fell off the board. as far as i can tell its the only thing thats wrong with my board.. i bought a tx off ebay that had a calibration issue. and i fixed that because i knew exactly what it was to begin with . so i am already back to playing. but i really liked my t300 1080 degree and i had wired extra buttons to the 2 internal spots for the addon t500 shifter buttons. so id like to be able to fix the t300.. any help would be great as to where i can buy whatever this thing is called ? i thought it was a ceramic cap but i dont know where to find em i cant find it anywhere so please someone can ya help a brother out?

Attachments

• thrustmaster t 300 pcb _a.jpeg
    thrustmaster t 300 pcb _a.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 22

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
C4 is a ceramic capacitor. Without any labeling on the chip, you have imho only 2 options:
- find a schematic or bill of materials (bom) that gives the value of C4.
- unsolder C4 from a working board and measure the value, then get a replacement for the lost one.

The size is possibly 1210, but you should measure the correct size. The rated voltage cannot be measured. If you don't find a schematic or bom, use the highest rated voltage type you can find with the correct size and capacity.

c4 has burned out and fell off the board. as far as i can tell its the only thing thats wrong with my board..
I won't say impossible, but highly unlikely. That type of capacitor is rather robust and will not easily burn out without a reason. There is very likely another fault on the board.