Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Time for a moan about manufacturers

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi gang :)

Just had to buy a new bread popup toaster ... yup you probably know where this is going....

What in heavens name posses a manufacturer to have the setting adjustment such that it can totally incinerate the toast ??!!!!

On this new one, the adjuster goes from 1 to 6... a setting of 1 and a hairwidth, the beast gives respectable looking toast ..... tho it cannot even toast across the slice evenly as my old one could !
At setting 2, the toast is black, at setting 3 its incinerated .... why on earth have any setting from 3 and above ?? its just pointless and a fire risk

This isnt just a problem with this particulatr toaster .... its one with every toaster that has ever been designed !

I dont get it .... what's wrong with the designers of these things ??

ok thats my soapbox announcement for the day
hahaha

Dave

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Put a full sized frozen bagel in there on and see how high you have to crank it to come out toasted... And yes people do this...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Not much different to frozen bread really.

Why can't they have some magic detector (IR thermomenter) to tell when the toast is cooked?

Surely surface temperature would be a reasonable indication?

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
couldn't you use a colour detector to detect the right colour of the toast and then turn it off?
I suspect that different breads will be different colours so this may not be the best approach but for plain white bread it is a good idea I think.... that is if it can withstand the temperature of the heating elements

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I suspect that different breads will be different colours so this may not be the best approach but for plain white bread it is a good idea I think..

I'll see your plain white loaf and raise you a loaf of dark German rye bread.