Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TL866CS and 27C800 adapter

defalt

Jul 2, 2018
Hello
I recently bought a DIP42 adapter for my TL866CS to program mask ROM replacement EPROMs. I didn't know if it worked because I didn't have DIP42 sockets to test the eproms, but at least programming apparently worked. This morning, I received these sockets, soldered them where I need them to go, tried to program the eproms (using hjsplit to split the 8mbit file to 2 4 mbit files). I had checked that everything was right, the adapter and eprom are in the good position, voltages are good, so I clicked "Program". And this sh#t happened: ERROR! Address:0x000000 Buffer Data:0x0010 Verify:0xFFFF
After that I tried with another EPROM, unchecked the "Verify" box, and retried. Same thing. The EPROMs are 27C800-100s from the 26th week of 2012, made by STMicro. I have no clue what it means.
If you can help me with this it would be fantastic as I have 3 eproms laying under the sun and no proper eraser.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Without physically checking all your soldering, wiring etc we can't discount a simple error on your behalf.
The programming MAY be related to some setting on your programmer - again something we can't check.
We 'may' spot something if you post clear, in-focus images of your work.

defalt

Jul 2, 2018
Hello,
I hadn't touched all this in a while. I remember I got it to work eventually but can't remember how.
Now I have the exact same issue. No matter if there is a chip or not, it finds 0xFFFF instead of the shit it was supposed to write in the first place. How does that work?? Tried everything, disable verify, lifting /OE pin, always the same error.
But when I want to read it reads good.
Why does it do that? Why does it only want to program a chip that's already matching what I want to program? What's the point?
Thank you very much

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Was it anything to do with the speed at which you try to program it?