Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TNY264 - What do the other ID numbers mean please?

grahal

Nov 23, 2019
Hello
I am considering replacing a TNY 264 on a pcb out of a Bosch dishwasher.

These numbers shown on the device ... 1145 tny264gn oc 914b

What do the numbers 1145 and oc914b mean?

When I look on the Farnell website I can see TNY264 only ... do I need to be concerned about any other ID numbers in order to source a direct replacement part?

Thank You
PS
I know about ... 'what might have blown the TNY264 etc' but as they are only £3 ish delivered I thought I'd bang a new one in and if that doesn't fix it then unless I see anything obvious I would buy a new dishwasher.

Last edited:

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

The TNY264 seems to be a controller for a small switched mode power supply.
The G behind the number stands for the SMD casing.

Bertus

Attachments

• TNY264.pdf
    515.8 KB · Views: 17

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir grahal . . . . .

If you haven't already viewed and actually examined the unit and you have a dead unit with no display or other action, that is a very good possibility.
And even BETTER if someone was around in the area and heard a ! POP !.

Here is an application note for the unit and if you dont have an exact visual of the case of the unit having a pinhole in it or the top blown off by its internal Power FET exploding. Also check for the RF1 fusible resistor being open or burnt cased.
Just after confirming all of your D1-2-3-4 diodes are not being shorted , and that C1 filter capacitor has not gone "lazy" on you ;
some applicable secondary fault parts considerations would be all of the PINK cased components, if you don't find output voltage at the C5 C6 caps with the unit powered up.

APPLICATION NOTE . . . . .

upload_2019-11-23_19-33-1.png

MASSIVE FAILURE au . . . . . . a now, very T( i )NY264

TqtKiuQ.jpg

Thaaaaassssssssit . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

Ever stop to think . . . . . and then forget to start again ?

Last edited:

grahal

Nov 23, 2019
Thank You Guys, each one for your very helpful replies.

Yeah the leg at the red arrowhead has blown off altogether! :)

It's my daughters dishwasher and I was hoping the fix wouldn't turn into a big job / a mission!? :(

Clearly something heavy current-wise has blown the leg off?

What is there in a dishy ... heater? motor turning the water jet thingy? motor doing the emptying?

Any comments or ideas welcomed and much appreciated!

Thank You

Attachments

• TNY264.JPG
    TNY264.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 31

ttruchly

Dec 20, 2022
Sir grahal . . . . .

If you haven't already viewed and actually examined the unit and you have a dead unit with no display or other action, that is a very good possibility.
And even BETTER if someone was around in the area and heard a ! POP !.

Here is an application note for the unit and if you dont have an exact visual of the case of the unit having a pinhole in it or the top blown off by its internal Power FET exploding. Also check for the RF1 fusible resistor being open or burnt cased.
Just after confirming all of your D1-2-3-4 diodes are not being shorted , and that C1 filter capacitor has not gone "lazy" on you ;
some applicable secondary fault parts considerations would be all of the PINK cased components, if you don't find output voltage at the C5 C6 caps with the unit powered up.

APPLICATION NOTE . . . . .

View attachment 46539

MASSIVE FAILURE au . . . . . . a now, very T( i )NY264

TqtKiuQ.jpg

Thaaaaassssssssit . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

Ever stop to think . . . . . and then forget to start again ?

HEY. This is Tomas. Please I accidentaly damaged the board while removing OLD TNY264. Do you have any idea where those legs lead to? So that i could replace it by wires? Thaaaaank youuu. :D Any help would be much appreciated :).

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir ttruchly . . . .

WHASAMATTADOESNTANYONEAGONNAHELPYOUOUTTAYOURDIRESTRAITSDILEMNA . . . . . .HERENOWLETMEHELPHELPYOURHONDA ! ***

" To err is human "
BUT, if you have BOTCHED up ALL of the pads associated with that 8 pin I.C. . . . . you are SUPER human ! Or I can make it more bluntly . . . a KLUTZ !
Now . . . . in looking at the photo on the last post . . . . that is showing that I.C..
The top of the I.C. has a frontal recessed divot at the left front corner . . . . designating its being pin #1.
That pin has a trace that goes to a block monolithic ceramic bypass capacitor . . . . probably of 0.1 ufd value that then has its other end connecting to ground plane foil.
The next pins 2 and 3 are making connection to the source of a POWER FET inside of the chip and being used as metallic heat conduits to carry heat from the chip to the surrounding copper foil ground plane connected pads.
The end pin has its foil sloping upward at an angle and initially is connecting into a 100 ohm SM resistor pad then goes further to the right to finally connect into the collector tab of a surface mount transistor.
Continuing across to the same backside of that pin 4 will be found pin 5 and its connecting foil takes a slanting path to the corner wire lead of that power transformer . . .closest to the OS 04 012 numbering ID.
The next pin 6 is TOTALLY eliminated so that there will absolutely be no possibility of any high voltage arc over on that earlier pin 5, just as was offered by the like distance of pin 5 proximity across to pin 4.
Pins 7 and 8 are being an additional repeat of the pins 2 and 3 that I explained the same situation of, earlier.
There, you have all foil connections accounted for now.
If you done got to needs a "pickchoor" to shows you, ( ###) then reference this one being placed just below. . . . . . but a pin 4 presence of my earlier mentioned transistor is not shown . . . . . a circuit variance exists . . . . since this schema shows an optical isolator connection being used.

143_2.jpg

Direct Hot Link

###
its TEXAN ese

related SOUND BITE . . . . . . a blast from the past . . . turn yer' ears on / up !

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassit . . . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . . . .

Most people are . . .
shocked . . . when they find out . . . . . just how bad I am as an electrician.