Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Too good to believe...?

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
I never know what to believe on Chinese direct-ship products. Sometimes the specs are outright lies. Sometimes they are creative marketing even when a scientific mind feels that stretch can't be valid. Sometimes there is a convenient excuse why the spec is wrong.

Sometimes they practically give away products because everyone involved is being exploited and any money coming in to China is more than 0 so a positive gain to the government, government subsidy plus taking advantage of unfair postal agreements.

The latter I see a lot in the US. I can buy a widget shipped from China for 75 cents, but I can't mail the empty padded envelope the product came in, to my next door neighbor for 75 cents!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Agree entirely - but given the way the atmosphere is changing it may be wise to stock up while you can.......

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I never know what to believe on Chinese direct-ship products. Sometimes the specs are outright lies. Sometimes they are creative marketing even when a scientific mind feels that stretch can't be valid. Sometimes there is a convenient excuse why the spec is wrong.

….. and sometimes they are actually real

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
….. and sometimes they are actually real
Much to be said for that too. For all the stuff I've ordered direct from China I've yet to be let down or disappointed. Ok, a couple of errors but they were all corrected when pointed out.

I only wish I had the wherewithal to order the vast quantities of stuff that pique my interest!

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
I have no problem with the specs-per-dollar. Looking at the min timebase, memory depth, input impedance, screen resolution, and the probe connector, the whole thing might be nothing more than a PIC and a DSP.

ak

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Other than changing the PIC for a 'proper' processor, what difference is that from any modern DSO?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Seems to include the 10x probe......many queries, all answered below the description.
Aus cost is $125.00.
Government here decided from the 1st July to add 10% gst ( goods and services tax) to everything coming in from overseas.Previously up to $1000.00 was exempt.

Usb for recharge BUT they warn against using pc usb as current demand too high.

Robert_fay

Jun 15, 2017
I have ordered a lot of electronics from banggood for an afterschool program I work with just do to price. I always order twice what I need because half always seem to be bad and their customer service is terrible to work with so getting replacements is often not an option or takes 30 days to get. but buying $6 boards for $0.10 makes up for that in my instance. Not sure I would ever buy anything I needed to rely on from them though!