Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Too many opportunities for spending....

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
So now that I have had my condo for a year, and I have really settled into the lifestyle I am finding it easier and easier to squirrel away a couple bucks here and there, resulting in some fairly substantial rainy day funds.

Not a bad thing in the least, the problem is that there are too many things that I want, and I mean things, an Nvidia Shield (have the money, have the games, have a compatible video card in my laptop, etc) but I don't know if I can justify it.
I want a play vehicle (I have a Ford Fiesta, but would love a second vehicle, like a jeep or a truck or something) again don't know if I can justify it.
Oculus rift, Kitchenaid mixer, upgrades for my car (subs/HID's/new exhaust etc)... the list goes on.

I try so hard to save whenever I can that I have some freedom in my spending now, and the temptations just get worse and worse every day.

Any similar experiences?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
So now that I have had my condo for a year, and I have really settled into the lifestyle I am finding it easier and easier to squirrel away a couple bucks here and there, resulting in some fairly substantial rainy day funds.

Not a bad thing in the least, the problem is that there are too many things that I want, and I mean things, an Nvidia Shield (have the money, have the games, have a compatible video card in my laptop, etc) but I don't know if I can justify it.
I want a play vehicle (I have a Ford Fiesta, but would love a second vehicle, like a jeep or a truck or something) again don't know if I can justify it.
Oculus rift, Kitchenaid mixer, upgrades for my car (subs/HID's/new exhaust etc)... the list goes on.

I try so hard to save whenever I can that I have some freedom in my spending now, and the temptations just get worse and worse every day.

Any similar experiences?
Yup, this is why I have a motorcycle and a baby..

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Buy some small things so you don't feel stymied, the token effect will make you feel somewhat satisfied while sparing your pocketbook. Be wary, purchases are rarely satisfying long term, experiences trump spending any day.

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
Kris I completely agree that it is a first world problem, its just the first time in my life that I have had this opportunity haha.

Chop I agree as well, buying things is a short term happy, hence I tend to spend a bit on video games, which are fun for more than just the initial buying.