Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Toro leaf blower motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeBee

Feb 14, 2017
I'd like to repair the motor in my Toro 51592 blower. The bronze bearing opposite the impeller is worn out. Any chance of finding that bearing with the housing or a new (used) motor?IMG_7388.JPGIMG_7390.JPG

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
You may have to take the housing apart and try and find a sintered bronze bearing to match, if you have a bearing supply Co in your area they may have a selection.
M.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
They will be a self-centreing bearing and moulded or pressed into the rear bearing housing.

We used to replace these in the Hoover constellation vacuum motors but these days, I doubt it.

Usually by the time one realises the bearing is shot, so is the armature from poling.

Pearlie Weaver

Mar 24, 2017
That being said is such a powerful tool to offer a rugged metal impeller and an infinite variable speed motor! I guess a leaf blower is nevertheless powerless without such motor.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Have you tried a garden tool repair/supply supply store?
I've been pretty lucky with the one in my area.

GeeBee

Feb 14, 2017
I could not find the bronze bearings or even a new motor. I purchased the nearest sized sealed ball bearing and went to work milling out the aluminum housing on my drill press to accept the bearing and a little hand polishing of the shaft for the ID fit. If I had to pay for the labor it wouldn't be worth it but I now have a brand new working blower. Shame on TORO for absolutely no useful parts support.

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Nice job. Pity the motor wasn't fitted originally with ball bearings.

acmorwin

Dec 19, 2021
I could not find the bronze bearings or even a new motor. I purchased the nearest sized sealed ball bearing and went to work milling out the aluminum housing on my drill press to accept the bearing and a little hand polishing of the shaft for the ID fit. If I had to pay for the labor it wouldn't be worth it but I now have a brand new working blower. Shame on TORO for absolutely no useful parts support.
I see where you purchased a bearing for your toro leaf blower and made it fit and I hope that you got everything working again. How did you know it was a bearing? My toro not even 2 years old started acting up all of a sudden like something inside broke. I took the shell off and the brushes look fine other than sparking on one side. Being new to this the only thing I think is wrong is at the bottom opposite the side where the brushings are when I turn manually it looks a little wobbly and today while turning it,manually, it seems yo ne frozen. I have another older toro that is well over 7 years ld that broke right after the new one. These blowers are not a luxury but a necessity. I have 3 large oaks and millions of leaves and I am too old to be raking! And I cannot afford to buy another one. I ,like you, cannot even find parts or even a motor diagram so I know what parts are what, so any help will be appreciated. Also how did you modify the bearing and where is the bearing? I also am having a time trying to take the bottom off which has 2 black screws. The screws look like phillips but they will not budge and I do not want to strip the screws. Any ideas? Also shame on Toro for making their motors unworkable with no parts available!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Any ideas? Also shame on Toro for making their motors unworkable with no parts available!

hi ya, and welcome

This is a 4 year old thread (2017) chances of a response are unlikely
you are welcome to create your own thread to discuss your particular problem with the gear :)

this thread now closed

regards
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.