Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Total noob trying to get dirty

solitonsnap

Jul 29, 2015
Hi Mikey - yes, I have an equivalent adapter, and I have the operation manual as well. Thanks for linking to that.

If you look in the center of the board, you will see a Maxell cr2032 3V battery. This is the battery I'm referring to, not an external battery like a AA or 9V.

mikey5791

Jun 7, 2013
Hi Solitonsnap,

Have you checked your adapter has DC power of 9V and working ?

I assume you have checked the Maxell cr2032 3V battery is no good. That is why you intend to replace it. Normally, it is just a clip which you can lift up little bit and the battery will come loose and easily replaced. I am puzzled as to why it is soldered. Can you take a closer picture of how the cr2032 battery clip to and how is soldered.

With clear picture of battery clip, maybe we can figure something out what to do next. If battery is not the issue here, you may need to open more screws on the pcb board and check for any burnt or loose components,etc. More pictures will be helpful.

LazerBeam

Jul 29, 2015
did you switch the switch? i had to switch it for lights. i think you didnt.

solitonsnap

Jul 29, 2015
Yep, I actually checked with multiple adapters - none worked. I would have expected the battery to just be held in by a clip as well, which is why I was surprised when I tried to take it out and it was actually attached to the clip, not just being held by tension. Yes lazer, I did use the on switch to try and turn it on :D

LazerBeam

Jul 29, 2015
you have to conect 1 white wire like mine. it will lights on and you are happy. dont kno battery mine is power.