Maker Pro
Maker Pro

touch sensitive button

FlashCreated

Mar 22, 2010
hi,

Does anyone know of (or can you create) a circuit for a touch sensitive button (as in if i touch a peice of metal it switches somthing). When i touch the sensitive area it outputs 5v to an output.

Hope i'm clear enough.:eek:

Thanx in advance!!!:D

FlashCreated

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
This fairly obscure site will help you.

There are several types of touch switch. You're going to have to determine which one best suits your application.

FlashCreated

Mar 22, 2010
oh thanx!!!
i'd actualy seen that site and that scematic but i was wondering if there were any more simple ways of dooing it. And i need it output nothining when i'm not touch it and 4,5v wen i am.

Any ideas???

thanx in advance!!:D

FlashCreated

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
There are several types of touch switch. You're going to have to determine which one best suits your application.

So do you want resistive, capacitive, or "hum pickup"?

What is your application.

We can't operate in a vacuum. You give me no information, I tell you to google, you respond saying pretty much nothing more except "they're too complex" and expect an answer.

We need more details.

what is it to switch?