Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Transceiver Circuit

Ty Ban

Aug 27, 2017
Help me to create a new circuit were the power switch is on the right side and the push switch ( with 12 pins ) is on the left side. I'm confuse about the connection of the transmit and receive part. Please help me.transceiver.jpg

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Not sure what your problem is?

In transmit, you have to look at the circuit with the 'arrows' connected to the points marked 'T' and for receive you look at the circuit with the 'arrows' connected to the points marked 'R'.

It may be a useful exercise for you to print out two copies of the schematic and physcially erase the non-connected parts of the circuits when the switch is in either the 'T' or 'R' position.

But simply, in R (receive) Q1 operates as an oscillator/mixer in a 'direct conversion' way with Q2,3 and 4 as the main audio amplification - outputting to the loudspeaker.

In transmit (T), Q1 oscillates using the 27MHz crystal, the RF is fed to Q2/3 and the speaker is used as a microphone via Q2 to modulate the RF.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Help me to create a new circuit were the power switch is on the right side and the push switch ( with 12 pins ) is on the left side
You realize that a schematic has nothing to do with the placement of the parts, right?

Bob

Ty Ban

Aug 27, 2017
Not sure what your problem is?

In transmit, you have to look at the circuit with the 'arrows' connected to the points marked 'T' and for receive you look at the circuit with the 'arrows' connected to the points marked 'R'.

It may be a useful exercise for you to print out two copies of the schematic and physcially erase the non-connected parts of the circuits when the switch is in either the 'T' or 'R' position.

But simply, in R (receive) Q1 operates as an oscillator/mixer in a 'direct conversion' way with Q2,3 and 4 as the main audio amplification - outputting to the loudspeaker.

In transmit (T), Q1 oscillates using the 27MHz crystal, the RF is fed to Q2/3 and the speaker is used as a microphone via Q2 to modulate the RF.

My problem is that I want the 12 pins switch in the left side but the problem is that I'm kinda cofuse about the connection of the T and R in the 12 pins.

Ty Ban

Aug 27, 2017
I wanted to have a simple circiut component arrangement cause I'm confused about the design. Help please

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The circuit, as drawn, is pefectly understandable given that it is drawn in the 'conventional' sense - positive rail at the top, ground rail at the bottom and elemental parts of the design from left-to-right.

Individually the various sections are also drawn conventionally - the oscillator, the amplifier.

It is perfectly 'understandable' to anyone with the proper training and understanding of schematics.

I (we) don't understand what your problem really is? As far as the schematic is concerned, it couldn't be simpler....

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Are you talking about the position of the components in the scematic, or the position in the circuit when built?

Bob

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
It is an extremely simple circuit with very poor performance. It was used in a child's toy walkie-talkie.

Ty Ban

Aug 27, 2017
Are you talking about the position of the components in the scematic, or the position in the circuit when built?

Bob

Both sir. I wanted to know where are the components are place.

Ty Ban

Aug 27, 2017
The circuit, as drawn, is pefectly understandable given that it is drawn in the 'conventional' sense - positive rail at the top, ground rail at the bottom and elemental parts of the design from left-to-right.

Individually the various sections are also drawn conventionally - the oscillator, the amplifier.

It is perfectly 'understandable' to anyone with the proper training and understanding of schematics.

I (we) don't understand what your problem really is? As far as the schematic is concerned, it couldn't be simpler....

My problem here sir/ma'am is that I wanted to know the position of the components when it is in the pcb, cause I want to change their position (if it is not right according to whatmy professor want). I'm still learning at the moment to read and annalyze circuits.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The component positions on the pcb tend to follow their placement in the schematic except where circuits might cause self-inductance/interference between sections, in which case they are eihter 'screened' of they are placed at a distance that minimises the effects.

For circuits that are already constructed, the manufacturer normally provides the parts placement diagram and component designation overlay. If you are intending to draw your own (i.e reverse engineer) then you have to do that yourself.

Ty Ban

Aug 27, 2017
The component positions on the pcb tend to follow their placement in the schematic except where circuits might cause self-inductance/interference between sections, in which case they are eihter 'screened' of they are placed at a distance that minimises the effects.

For circuits that are already constructed, the manufacturer normally provides the parts placement diagram and component designation overlay. If you are intending to draw your own (i.e reverse engineer) then you have to do that yourself.

I wanted to know the components position in real world, even just a draft. You see I'm just beginning to study how to read a circuit.

Question, does a 12 pins push switch is the switch (for transmit and receive) is what I'm going to need? if so, does all 12 pins will be used according to the diagram?

Ty Ban

Aug 27, 2017

Bob

Can you show me the position of the components in the pcb? I'm confuse specially for the 12 pins push switch. and wether all the pins (of the 12 pins) will be used.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I'm confuse specially for the 12 pins push switch. and wether all the pins (of the 12 pins) will be used.

what 12 pin switch ??
the TX/RX uses a 8 pin switch