Maker Pro
Maker Pro

transferring messages from mobile to PC

bobdxcool

Mar 9, 2012
I wanted to transfer the messages that my mobile receives to a word or text file in my PC. Is it possible to do it serially through COM port ??

I also tried sending a message to USB Modem (micromax modem with a docomo SIM). I used the following python code.

Code:
import serial
import time
ser = serial.Serial('COM4', 9600)
while 1:
	data = ser.read()
	if (data):
		print "data : ", data

The baud rate and all are correct.

When I used this, I checked for the output in cmd window. the output was just blank space.
Meaning that, the message was not being read by serial COM port.

Please help. Pls suggest any code in python or any other language in order to transfer messages from my mobile to computer, or transfer messages sent to the usb modem to a notepad or wordpad or anything else.

If this is not possible, is it possible to send the messages from mobile to any webpage or email,using some android application ?

sirch

Dec 6, 2012
Where are you running that code, on your PC or Mobile phone? What are you running on the other end?

sirch

Dec 6, 2012
So what is running on the phone to send data down USB cable to the PC? What sort of phone is it?

I appreciate that you may want to do this over serial, but generally you can access a phone directly via USB. Which ever way you do it you need some software on the phone to output the messages.

bobdxcool

Mar 9, 2012
So what is running on the phone to send data down USB cable to the PC? What sort of phone is it?

I appreciate that you may want to do this over serial, but generally you can access a phone directly via USB. Which ever way you do it you need some software on the phone to output the messages.

Sir, actually I am not using any software on the phone. I am using an Android phone (samsung galaxy ace duos- android 2.4).

Connecting it directly via USB port is also not a problem, but again I do not know what software to use on the phone.

Pls tell me what software I should use in order for this to work.

I also tried the code with a USB modem (using the sim card present in it), but again as you said I think I need some software which will read these messages.

sirch

Dec 6, 2012
I haven't tried it but a quick google turned up this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smeiti.smstotext&hl=en

My guess is that you need to save the messages to your SD card somehow (e.g. with the above app and then just connect) connect the phone to the PC, the phone should then prompt you to allow USB access, once turned on on the phone your PC will see the Phones SD card as an external drive.

bobdxcool

Mar 9, 2012
I haven't tried it but a quick google turned up this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smeiti.smstotext&hl=en

My guess is that you need to save the messages to your SD card somehow (e.g. with the above app and then just connect) connect the phone to the PC, the phone should then prompt you to allow USB access, once turned on on the phone your PC will see the Phones SD card as an external drive.

And then, I run the program posted above on my pc, so that data is transferred serially via COM port ?

bobdxcool

Mar 9, 2012
No, just directly via USB

Sir, this what I exactly want to do.

Any Sms received on my mobile (connected to pc) should be automatically (without human intervention) transferred to a word/txt file on the PC.