Maker Pro
Maker Pro

transistor burn in my RTX 3080

Monther213

Nov 22, 2022
Hello dear

I have Geforce RTX 3080 GameRock 10 GB GDDR6x 320bit 3-DP S/N : B7210084584
I bought it on MAY 2021

I send it to the shop for doing Service for thermal Pad it was working Fine before changing only I do the Normal Service for thermal Pad changing

after changing I told the shop to do test for the graphics card while he plug the Power Supply and turn the PC ( it Come smoke fire) and directly we turn off the PC

after that he plug it again and it was working fine but when I return to my home and plug it the graphics card performance was very weak (FPS 35) RGB color not working

after opening the graphic card upper cover it looks small chip burning (attach the small chip burning)

Can any of the experience or the staff of MSI explain it to me what the causes of that

1- explain why it happened like that ?
2- what is used of that burning chip ?
3- anything can be fixed ?
4- Your Suggestions

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture12.jpg
    Picture12.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
1. No
2. No idea
3. Possibly
4. Find another identical card and try to identify the marking on the top of the burned component. The only other way is to find a schematic of the board (almost impossible) or ask the manufacturers (equally useless). If you can identify the burned device type number you can usually buy a replacement to fit - assuming you have the equipment to fit it and the skills to do it.

Without a schematic it's not possible to determine what the part used to do or what effect it is (or may) be having on performance.

Isn't this the responsibility of the shop though? It 'broke' whilst in their possession and unless they can offer a reason why it ISN'T their fault then it IS their fault and they should be the ones to fix it.