Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Transmitter

Matte

Dec 19, 2011
How does a cell phone control remote control cars. Can i simply use the same technogly to make a transmitter make a sound or pin point a location? What would i need to do this?

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi Matt Welcome to the forum.
I did not know cell phones operated remote control cars, are you referring to the proper RC cars as in the hobby Radio controlled cars ? its sounds what your referring to is ultra sonic control. :)

Matte

Dec 19, 2011
Yes, i am referring to RC cars. I saw several at brookestone in the mall and was wondering how that is possible. Could i use this ultra sonic control to pin point an item if i had a control panel? the device i am tring to pin point could not be larger than than an inch and a half and not require a large battery source.

Last edited:

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
I dont know exactly what you saw, but a unit 1 1/2 " size unit is tiny, ultra sonic maybe, most modern RC control is analogue varying frequencies so cars or what ever is being controlled uses a different frequency from the car next door, change of Chrystal i think.

Ive never heard of a phone controlling a car, you could put together either ultrasonic or analogue systems, i know little about ultra sonic, some modern RC systems are digital as well know days i think. :)

Matte

Dec 19, 2011
Could i programm an app for a cell phone to send any frequency, to pin point a very small transmitter? Is this possible? like a metal detector, as u get closer the signal gets stronger?

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
I am not sure if an iPhone or android phone app exists, but if it did your phone would be the transmitter, the device your controlling contains the receiver, metal detector, where are you off to know with this idea, metal detecting with your iPhone, thats a different original idea. :)

PS. I am not sure if any phone contains the components needed for a radio / ultra sonic controlled application. You need a IT Tech experts opinion on that one. :)

Last edited:

Matte

Dec 19, 2011
That is a different idea. one that was a spin off from my original idea. I wanted to use my phone ( I would have some help me with thre programming of the application) to send a signal to a smaller transmitter to no larger than an 1in and half. Can the cell phone send a signal to a smaller transmiter and as the cell phone gets closer to the 2nd transmitter the signal get stronger? Like a metal detector getting closser to metal.
What kind of frequency could i use for this and how would i create this?

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi again. If this is possible, and i think its a fairly big if, the frequency will depend on your phones hard ware capability, and any program implemented, as i say its possible in theory, you see new applications every day on these devices, some specific detail needs looking in to for the phones capabilities. And a very clued up programer.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It would probably be possible to use bluetooth to control a model car. It's certainly possible to control aspects of real cards this way. But it wouldn't (likely) be an off-the-shelf model car.

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
I had same thought, if it was a cell phone you seen someone use then they was doing it by bluetooth. Do a search on google.