Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Treadmill Motor Control Board Issue (motor won't turn)

atcsharp

Dec 25, 2020
Hello Everyone and Merry Christmas!

I am new to figuring out an issue with a circuit board but I will try to explain as best as possible. I have a life span tr2500-hr and I get the generic E1 error code when the unit attempts to start. The motor will not run, I can hear the click of the board attempting to send power to the motor and the led light turns on but the motor does not spin. After about 6 seconds, the led light turns off, I hear another click and then I get the E1 error since no signal is coming from the motor spinning (triggering the magnetic switch to indicate the motor is running).

I can confirm that the motor itself does work. I attached the power terminals to a battery and the tread started moving.

I have attached a picture of the MCB. I am not really sure where to start. I did take a voltage reading at the motor terminals (I circled them in red) when I pressed the start button. With the DC voltage on my multimeter set to 20, I would get a reading of .56 when the board would click and attempt to start the program.

Thanks for any input! I am post follow-up pics if needed!

20201225_132016.jpg

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
A few tips can be found here. Your reading 0.56 V indicates a defect in the power supply.

atcsharp

Dec 25, 2020
A few tips can be found here. Your reading 0.56 V indicates a defect in the power supply.

Thank you for the reply. The related articles appear to be a different issue from what I am experiencing. When I start the program, before I get the E1 error (I have about 6 seconds or if I spin the motor to trigger the magnetic sensor, I won't get the error code until I stop), the unit will adjust the tilt if I press the up or down buttons so I know proper power supply is going to that portion of the unit. Any ideas on what to test for power issues before the terminals where I took the .56 reading? Thanks again!