Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Triggered Switch

willqa

Dec 4, 2012
Dears all,
first of all I am new in this website and this one amazing one :D
2nd, I want to design a circuit which will work as a switch my problem this switch will receive one pulse so I want this switch to open or close when receiving the pulse and keep that state until the other pulse is received

Meaning pulse ... switch closes the current is flowing and kept closed until another pulse is received the switch open

the catch is I do not want to use relays nor complex circuits and chips for a switch i was thinking of a tri state buffer or a bjt npn transistor

I have tried edge triggered flip flop but my problem is this pulse isn't periodic so no clocking is needed as a control like in D flip flop or etc...
anyi deas?

thank you in advance

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
A clocked flip-flop is what you want with the circuit set up to toggle each time a clock pulse arrives.

Your "switch" signal is the clock.

willqa

Dec 4, 2012
A clocked flip-flop is what you want with the circuit set up to toggle each time a clock pulse arrives.

Your "switch" signal is the clock.

the thing is the pulses are random it is signal coming from a mobile device and they are totally random and what type of flip flop shall I use please explain more

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Nothing says that clock pulses need to be regular.

Essentially you want a T flipflop, but you generally create one of these by connecting the Q-bar output to the D input of a D flip-flop. Datasheets will often suggest some option for connecting other types of flipflop to enable toggling..

Without knowing more details about your circuit I can't suggest a logic family. I need to know your supply voltage for a start.

I also presume you are intending driving more than a single LED, so some sort of driver for that will be required.

Also the input signal may need to be conditioned depending on whether it is noisy or has contact bounce (for example)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Post your question here.

willqa

Dec 4, 2012
OKAY please what do I need to do is a circuit to control a dc voltage allowing it to pass how I can do that? using an electronic switch ( no relays) T flipflops can be used I was thinking of using Tflipflop with a tristate buffer would that work? my plan is to have as small and simple as possible

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
A transistor?

You give so little information that it is difficult to come up with a solution that I can't guarantee isn't completely wrong.

What are you planning to switch? (voltage & current too)

What is powering your circuit? (Is it the same voltage source? or are they separate? If so, do they share a common ground? If not, can they?)