Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Trouble with Projects Unlimited 12V programmable buzzer

bishop144

Apr 15, 2018
Hello,

I'm having some trouble with a product from Projects Unlimited. It's the API-4260-LW150-R. The trouble I'm having is getting the software to find it and program its SPI flash. I've tried on multiple machines (Win XP, 7, & 10) & it seems like all three machines aren't able to find the right driver for the device because it shows up as USB Composite Device under the device manager. The manufacturers website specifies that it cannot be programmed on machines with USB 3.0, Which the machines I used do not have 3.0. So, I'm hoping someone can either provide drivers for this device or help me find another way to program the SPI flash, I have a document that was included with the software that has, what I believe are, the flash addresses. Any help is appreciated.

bishop144

Apr 15, 2018
Yes, the port I'm using supports up to 500mA, and yes I followed the instructions to the letter.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The only way to discover if the device is faulty would be to connect another one! It could just be 'dud'.

Can you get a test meter into the power line and measure the current being drawn?